Already on ArticleSlash?

Forgot your password? Sign Up
 Article Directory   Author   Lois McElravy
 

Lois McElravy  RSS Feed

Published Articles:13
Total Article Views:3,718 (unique visitors)
Total Article Rank:1.53 /5 (17 Ratings)
Lois McElravy
(USA)Author

Lois McElravy's Articles

Articles by: Lois McElravy

Recent Articles

Ask Is Not A Four-Letter Word - Asking for Assistance Beats ..

Ask is not a four-letter word, so why do we act as though it is? Maybe it's because ask often precedes a real four-letter word - help. I shudder to recall a phase of my life when I was forced to ..
(April 20, 2008)
 | 
  • Currently 1.00/5
 | Self-Improvement/Stress-Management | Visitors: 441

Poking Fun at Our Pain - Sensitive Topics

"As you know, the government takes 40 percent of what you make. The other 60 percent, of course, is taken by the gas stations, " jokes Jay Leno, who regularly opens The Tonight Show by poking fun at ..
(April 20, 2008)
 | 
  • Currently 2.00/5
 | Self-Improvement/Stress-Management | Visitors: 170

Overcome Terminal Seriousness - Stop, Drop and Roll

Terminal seriousness has been assigned a bad rap. Just because we don't set aside time for fun doesn't mean that we have forgotten how to enjoy life. Besides, what's wrong with working long and hard ..
(April 20, 2008)
 | 
  • Currently 1.00/5
 | Self-Improvement/Stress-Management | Visitors: 156

It's Never Too Late - To Become Who You Were Destined to Be

Remember when you were in elementary school, and your teacher asked, “What do you want to be when you grow up?" Most of the girls answered, “School teacher, nurse, mom, ballerina, ..
(April 20, 2008)
 | 
  • Currently 1.00/5
 | Self-Improvement/Success | Visitors: 788

Some Day - What Are You Waiting To Do?

My ten year old daughter asked, “Mom, can we build a miniature doll house?" I said, “Sure, some day. " Cassy quizzed me, “When will it be some day?" We all do it. Put off learning ..
(April 20, 2008)
 | 
  • Currently 2.00/5
 | Self-Improvement/Success | Visitors: 165

How to Survive Sudden Change - Seven Steps to Transition ..

None of us are immune from the chance that our life could suddenly change. Western Novelist, Louis L'Amour said, “There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be ..
(April 20, 2008)
 | 
  • Currently 1.00/5
 | Self-Improvement/Success | Visitors: 497

Drop Out? No - I Dropped In - Expanding Your Expertise

This past year I attended the University of Montana. One afternoon I popped into the Mansfield Library. Based on my middle-aged appearance, the student who was working at the information desk asked ..
(April 20, 2008)
 | 
  • Currently 2.00/5
 | Self-Improvement/Success | Visitors: 145

Follow Your Dreams - Learn How Your Internal Wisdom Can Reveal .

Often we associate “dream" to mean deepest desire, vision or ambition, and “follow your dreams" to mean pursuing your deepest desires. What if “dream" were to be interpreted as ..
(June 13, 2008)
 | 
  • Currently 1.50/5
 | Self-Improvement/Success | Visitors: 175

Stop, Drop, and Roll - To Save Your Sanity!

Stress is tearing our bodies apart, crippling our ability for peak performance, affecting the quality of our relationships, zapping our energy, and making us just plain miserable. Statistics show ..
(June 13, 2008)
 | 
  • Currently nan/5
 | Self-Improvement/Stress-Management | Visitors: 171

What If You Could Add An Additional 8 Years To Your Life? ..

GOOD NEWS! University of Chicago studies show a great sense of humor can add an additional 8 years to your life! Humor produces laughter. Laughter produces several positive effects on your physical, ..
(April 20, 2008)
 | 
  • Currently 1.00/5
 | Arts-and-Entertainment/Humor | Visitors: 251

Laughter - Your Remedy for Distress - Finding Amusement ..

"No man needs a vacation so much as the person who has just had one. " Elbert Hubbard We all do it year after year - work long and hard until we have passed the point of good reason. Then we pack up ..
(April 20, 2008)
 | 
  • Currently nan/5
 | Arts-and-Entertainment/Humor | Visitors: 250

10 Reasons Why Your Sense of Humor is No Laughing Matter - ..

It's no joke! Humor that is used appropriately can be your best friend or your worst enemy if misused, don't you agree? Research has long documented the positive effects a sense of humor has on a ..
(April 20, 2008)
 | 
  • Currently nan/5
 | Arts-and-Entertainment/Humor | Visitors: 359

The Serendipity Advantage - Turning Discouragements into ..

Why doesn't anything ever go the way it is supposed to go - or more appropriately, how WE THINK it ought to go? When life throws us a low blow or corners us with experiences we would not choose, it ..
(April 20, 2008)
 | 
  • Currently nan/5
 | Self-Improvement/Positive-Attitude | Visitors: 150