As you write your marketing material, advertisements and sales copy for your lead generators, & drip marketing systems, use these basic guidelines to ensure maximum power:
1. Use plain talk (don’t try to be an English professor). Write like people talk.
2. Use short sentences (average 17 words, 25 is difficult): -Don’t try to stick two thoughts into one sentence. Use two short ones instead.
3. Use simple language: -Prefer the familiar word to the far-fetched. -Prefer the concrete word to the abstract. -Prefer the short word to the long word.
4. Use personal references: examples: names, pronouns & human interest words. The best word you can use is…. YOU.
5. Use live words – verbs. Most writing contains nothing more than nouns and adjectives, glued together with the prepositions is, was, are, and were.
6. Evaluate all your claims; be specific and quantify everything.
7. Use powerful emotional driven headlines, n everyting you do! the headlinie is the MOST important part of any ad.
8. Long copy vs. short copy: Say as much as needs to be said, then quit; a good, easy-to-read format will allow you to use more text; use video or audio to say what might be too burdensome to read.
9. Features vs.benefits: Always talk about benefits as much as possible.
I can assure you if you will use these simple to follow guidelines in all your marketing material you will see a dramatic increase in results.
Greg Writer is currently the CEO and Founder of The Writer Group and is a dynamic speaker, author, teacher and coach with over 23 years experience in sales and marketing. For a Free Marketing Report visit http://www.gregwriter.com .