Yes, Virginia, there is a book Santa Clause.
You don't even have to wait for Christmas.
If you do some market research and find out what audience wants what problem solved, you can start there. If you have a deep desire to learn about that needed particular topic or are an expert in that topic you are on your way to write a how to book that will so please your audience, you'll sell plenty.
Categories to Get your Ideas Going Include:
1. Business to Business. This includes sharing your skills such as book editing for a General Manager's book.
2. Health and Fitness. This includes women's health, men's health, disease prevention, different addictions and how to treat them. Sex is always a hot topic.
3. Money and Employment. This includes investing, debt management and home businesses.
4. Computing and the Internet. This includes internet marketing including copywriting, article marketing, and website design.
5. Sports and Recreation. This includes football, golf, and coaching.
You probably have a lot of ideas. Just sit quietly and choose the topic your audience wants and you are most passionate about now and will be for two years, and write that book first.
After your first how to book topic is chosen, write a list of all the one audience's problems and challenges it will address and solve.
Once you get a list for the whole book, categorize each one kind of problem and make a chapter on its related ones. For instance, if you write a book on time management, write down the particular problems such as procrastination. Then, for the middle of that chapter, write your audience's questions such as, “Why do I procrastinate?" “What do I lose by procrastinating?" and What are five ways I can stop procrastinating?" Once you get the middle part of your chapter written, you can address the hook and introduction, and the final part, the conclusion.
If an audience has a problem and you have the solutions, you have a perfect marriage in your how to book.
When you write a how to book, put it together fast with pieces. Each chapter will flow naturally from your answering your reader's questions. You'll realize your book dream and produce a book that some people will love and pay you handsomely for.
Judy Cullins helps business people manifest their book dreams. Get her latest top 10 book writing tips at http://www.bookcoaching.com/write-book-fast.php
Judy now enjoys networking on Linkedin, Facebook, & Twitter.