We've all heard it before but I'll say it again anyway.
One of the best ways to get free targeted traffic to your site is by writing articles.
And we all know the main reasons people don't write articles is because they think they can't write or they don't know what to write about.
So today, let's address those problems and get some of your quality articles listed in those article directories.
Problem number 1: I can't write.
Now if I were asking you to write a newspaper story or a novel this could be a real concern but I am not asking you to do either. Instead, I am asking you to write an online article and if you can talk, you can write one of these.
Remember, we don't follow all the rules with our best online writing. We write like we are talking to someone. So if you can talk, you can write.
Now you will have to follow some of the rules like good grammar and correct spelling but since there are word processors that can correct both of these things, you shouldn't have a problem with either.
Problem number 2: I don't know what to write about.
You've got a site you're trying to get people to visit and your site is focused on something. (If it isn't, then you've got a bigger problem than not knowing what to write about. )
Using your site as an inspiration, you have lots of things to write about. Just go to some of the big article directories and search on topics related to your site.
Here are some examples:
- Vitamins - Lots of articles
- Car Insurance - Lots of articles
- Shopping - Lots of articles
- Plush Toys - Lots of articles
- Holiday Decorations - Lots of articles
Now you may have to wade through some articles to find some that give you ideas for things you could write about.
Going back to some of our examples let's see a few of the titles.
- Vitamins - “Vitamins for Kids"
“5 Secrets for Higher Energy"
“Importance of Vitamins in Your Life"
- Shopping - “Selecting Safe and Stylish Newborn and Infant Baby Clothing"
“Information to Help You Understand the Difference Between
Mini Blinds, Wood Blinds, and Vinyl Blinds"
“Tips For Locating The Best Wedding Favor Ideas"
- Holiday Decorations - “Holiday Decorating Ideas and the Environment"
“7 Holiday Decorating Timesavers"
“Quick and Easy Holiday Decorating"
Just be sure to follow these 4 simple rules:
- Write your own article - don't steal one.
- Use good grammar and correct spelling otherwise your article could get rejected.
- Don't write a solo ad disguised as an article or your article will get rejected.
- Follow the directories submission rules or your article will get rejected.
To Your Success,
Susan Carroll owner of http://www.friendswhocare.us has formed a global community of online business people through her weekly newsletter.
Susan recently finished a free report “How To Evaluate Article Directories To Get Your Content Published. ". It's available at: