One common mistake that people might do is to confuse traditional article writing with article marketing. Writing and publishing articles in magazines, journals, newspapers or to various other sites is completely different from article marketing.
Article marketing is basically a marketing tool used by marketers to generate optimal web traffic to their websites, increase page ranking, gain popularity and develop credibility to optimize their sales and profitability. Article writing is basically a field of writing, where writers produce articles that delivers their knowledge, expertise and their view on some specific topics and subjects of their interest to general public through publishing articles.
Listed below are few of the major differences between both.
- Article marketing is a marketing tool to generate business sales and profits, while article writing is just writing articles to aware general public on specific issues and topics with no sales or marketing phenomenon.
- Article marketers submit articles for free while article writers charge a fee.
- Articles marketers submit articles to article directories in order to increase links and drive web traffic to their sites and to generate business leads, while article writer submit articles to related sites with no desire to generate business leads.
- The success of article marketing depends on amount of web traffic it generates and the ranking of the company’s website and company’s credibility, while the success of article writing depends on author’s own credibility.
- Article marketers’ main aim is to provide problem solving material to their customers while an article writer conduct research and provide his views or information to increase awareness of its readers on the subject matter.
- Article marketer has to make sure that the article has popular keywords and its placement, appropriate links, well design author resource box and is SEO focused while an article writer is never required to ensure such things.
Hence it is quite evident now that article marketing is not about writing articles, rather it is actually a marketing tool that is aimed to promote online.
Fred Holt, M. A. (English) from University of New Jersey, specialized in teaching content writing, business, and technical communication. He is skilled in MLA, APA, and Chicago manuals of style. His work included writing, editing and proofreading Seo writing and Write Articles . He has also written many other documents, including resumes, application letters, bibliographies and also buy articles service.