Article Writing has become a very popular method of web promotion today. And it is no wonder; a good article can bring traffic to your site for a period of years, get you tons of back links to improve the page rank of your site, and make you money.
Many people today try their hand at article writing, but very few succeed. For the most part, it it is because they do not know proper article writing techniques. If you are writing articles but not getting the results you hoped for, there may be a problem with your technique. Follow the steps below and you may see a substantial improvement.
1. Topic- Choose a topic for your article that you feel may be of interest to a large audience. Your article entitled The Digestive Tract of Army Ants, will not attract many readers. There just aren't that many people who are interested in it. And of the tiny percentage of individuals who ARE interested, only a small fraction of them will find your article. By providing information that millions are interested in, you could generate a substantial number of page views.
2. Research- Writing about subjects that you are thoroughly familiar with. Or, if you are not knowledgeable in that area, do extensive research before beginning your article. People know when someone is BS'ing them.
3. Target audience- Know your target audience and write specifically for them. A technical audience has much different tastes than an audience for light reading.
4. Develop an outline- Make an outline for your article before writing a single word. Determine the opening of your article, the main points you intend to cover, and the closing. This will keep you on track and make the article ten times easier to write (not to mention quicker
5. Title- Spend time developing a title that attracts interest. Your title is the only advertising your article will get. Make sure it is descriptive and compelling.
6. Use a good spelling and grammar checker- Nothing turns off a reader as much as reading an article filled with errors. Make sure your completed article passes through a good spelling and grammar checker. Most word processors today have one, so make sure you use it.
Follow the 6 steps above and your articles may begin to bring traffic to your site, get you some back links to improve the page rank of your site, and make you some money.
FREE Report - Make Money Every Day!
Turn Existing articles into a successful Ebook!