Article writing is one of the best ways of getting exposure on the internet, using it as a marketing tool will increase your site traffic to no end. However, people often think that there is an art to article writing and that it is very hard to do. Well, I am no Shakespeare and I have plenty of success with my article marketing techniques.
I am going to share with you 5 quick tips that will get you started on the road to great article writing.
- Get Your Structure Right - Most people fall at the first hurdle because they fail to get the structure right for their articles. You should structure them as follows: Introduction, Body, and Conclusion. Your introduction should tell the reader what your article is about and what information you are going to give them. The body text should be the information that you are going to give the and finally the conclusion is about wrapping all the information in the body into a neat summary.
- Research Your Topic - People often don't bother researching their topics properly and end up writing a load of drivel. Remember people will be reading your articles for valued information. They won't click on your hyperlinks if all you can offer them is a load of rubbish. Remember, keep your content quality high and keep your traffic high!
- Word Count - An article should be at least 400 words long. Any shorter and your article may not be approved to the article directory that you are submitting to. Don't go over 1000 words as people may lose interest in your article and move on elsewhere. Also, having a 1000 word article is probably filled with lots of padding that readers will not thank you for, keep it concise.
- Write using your own voice - This is quite important; write your article as if you was talking it through with a friend. Don't try to write as if you are someone else as your article will appear false. Remember you are trying to build trust with your reader so that they will click through on your links to your website pages.
- Resource Box / Bio Box - This is the single most important box that you will fill out on the article submission page. You should enter a little bit about yourself and also the all important link or website address that your users should click on to get to your page. Do Not leave this blank!
So, that's I, nothing to it really! To summarise the tips are:-
- Get Your Structure Right.
- Research Your Topic.
- Word Count.
- Write Using Your Own Voice.
- Resource / Bio Box.
If you follow these tips, you will be writing great articles in no time. Remember to read the submission guidelines for the article directory that you are submitting to so that your article gets approved first time.
Tim Redman runs an article directory where people can submit their own articles free of charge. You can submit your articles free of charge at http://www.articlemound.com