Article marketing requires that you provide great quality content when you write your articles. The problem is that you will find many, many articles on the internet that are stuffed with fluff.
A recent discussion on the blog at EzineArticles involved whether you can write a great quality article in five hundred words or less. One side of the discussion was that five hundred words was not enough room to provide the meat someone was looking for.
I disagree with that one. You can provide great quality content in a short article and you can provide great quality content in a longer article. At the same time, you can write an article weak or anorexic in content in a short article and you can write weak or anorexic articles with a longer article.
Length of article does not determine whether the article is meaty or anorexic - it's the quality of the content that you include in the article.
Signs of an anorexic article
- Lots of filler fluff that is not actionable
- An over focus on the what and the why with nothing about the how
- Content that tells you what you can do without telling you a thing about how to do it
- Leaves you will no clue as to what to do next.
- Little or no fluff or filler
- Some of the what and why as needed, and then some of the “how to" also
- You finish the article with a clear sense of what you need to do next
And with your permission, I'd like to offer you free access to two of my Article Writing Templates. You can download them by going to http://www.TheArticleGuy.com/bonustemplates.htm
Would you like to get in on our free weekly Article Guy TeleSeminars? Visit http://www.TheArticleGuyTeleSeminars.com to get started today!
From Jeff Herring - The Article Guy & GreatArticleMarketing.com