Secret Copywriting "Structure" Discovered By John Caples Attracts Customers Like Dogs To Milk Bones

Ben Settle
 


Visitors: 377

If you want to dramatically increase the overall readership of your ads. . . then this article will show you how.

Listen to this: One of my favorite all time copywriters is John Caples. In fact, I can't think of one serious copywriter today who isn't influenced by Caples in a big way.

And there is one powerful (yet little-talked about) strategy Caples used in many of his ads that, when applied today, practically glues people to your ad - reading every single word of it all the way through.

What is this strategy?

You simply structure your ads in such a way where you:

1. ) Begin with NO “sales talk" whatsoever - and just give information.

2. ) Then start to intermingle sales talk with information.

3. ) Finally, after you've got your reader thoroughly interested and wanting more of what you have to say. . . you switch to pure sales talk and close the deal.

Sound simple?

It is simple. Which is probably why it's so rarely used anymore.

You see, when you begin your ads in a way where people have no idea they're reading a “sales letter", you exponentially increase the chances of people interested in the subject you're writing about reading your ad.

Why?

Because - and this varies from market to market - only about 5% of the people in your market will buy anything and everything. The other 95% need to be persuaded. And if you come right out the gate trying to “sell" them something - they will almost always automatically back away.

BUT - if you approach them as a friend, as someone who has some really fascinating information you want to share with them - then people will warm up to you, and hear you out.

It's a lot like if you see a stray dog on the street who is scared. If you run up to him and try to pet him and stroke his coat, without letting him get to know you first, he's probably going to run away from you. Maybe even bite you.

On the other hand, if you slowly walk up to that dog, let him sniff your hand first, offer him a milk bone and wait for him to start wagging his tail, then you will have made a new friend.

Same thing goes for selling.

Which is why if you get in “sync" with your readers first (using Caples’ formula), you'll get more people reading and responding to your ads.

Ben Settle is a direct response copywriter and author of “The Copywriter's Cheat Sheet" - which contains over 300 pages of advanced copywriting secrets and rare swipe file ads not easily found anywhere else. You can get a free copy of his book and read his latest copywriting ideas and tactics at http://bensettle.com

(507)

Article Source:


 
Rate this Article: 
 
"The Hero Wore Black" "Pebbles" "Find Me" .... ..
Rated 4 / 5
based on 5 votes
ArticleSlash

Related Articles:

"Politically Incorrect" Copywriting Secret Lets You Instantly Gain ..

by: Ben Settle (May 12, 2006) 
(Writing and Speaking/Copywriting)

Free Copywriting Resource Reveals What Makes Your Customers "Tick" On .

by: Ben Settle (September 19, 2006) 
(Writing and Speaking)

The Secret Copywriting "Shortcut" of a Multi-Millionaire Lawyer Who ..

by: Ben Settle (November 23, 2005) 
(Writing and Speaking/Copywriting)

"Emergency" Copywriting Secret Lets You Create Money-Making Headlines .

by: Ben Settle (May 11, 2006) 
(Writing and Speaking/Copywriting)

Secret Copywriting "Resource" Lets You Get Totally In Sync With Your ..

by: Ben Settle (May 16, 2006) 
(Writing and Speaking/Copywriting)

"Un-Sexy" Copywriting Secret Taught In High School English Class Can ..

by: Ben Settle (December 18, 2005) 
(Writing and Speaking/Copywriting)

Copywriting Secret Used By Famous Trial Lawyer Lets Even "Amateur" ..

by: Ben Settle (May 01, 2006) 
(Writing and Speaking/Copywriting)

The "Slogan Secret" That Gets Customers Lining Up Outside Your Door ..

by: Ben Settle (December 15, 2005) 
(Business/Advertising)

Secret Marketing Tactic Makes Your Customers Do All Your "Selling" ..

by: Michael Senoff (August 02, 2006) 
(Business/Marketing Direct)

"The Hero Wore Black" "Pebbles" "Find Me" .... ..

by: Kathy Ostman-Magnusen (August 11, 2006) 
(Arts and Entertainment/Poetry)