I get asked a lot of questions about parts and pieces to a book. What is my opinion of and do I think such-n-such is necessary. One question that show up often enough to write about is “Do I or don't I add a book order form to the back of my book and if I do, how many do I put there?"
My thoughts are, if you have the space, the pages based on the signature count from your printer, why not include an Order Form. Remember to consider if your book is the type that needs one. Most non-fiction books seem to have them and many fiction books do since series are a big deal in fiction writing.
The form can help increase visibility and assist in your books’ promotion in several ways:
1. The form can be given to a friend if they are interested in the book.
2. The form can list quantity sales costs or at least let the reader know this is an option. Groups might be interested in large orders depending on if your subject matter meets their needs.
3. If your book is picked up by a Library, the form(s) allow for readers to contact you for their own book.
Be sure to include the following on your form.
1. Your company contact information including, website, email and snail mail addresses, fax and phone to encourage immediate and extended sales. Also mention who the check needs to be made out to.
2. Return policy, tax, shipping and handling for one or quantity books. If you ship international, mention your policy and shipping costs.
3. Offer information on your other services such as speaking, ebooks, consulting, coaching, mailing lists and other books.
4. Space for customer information: name, address, city, state, zip, phone, email.
AND be sure to use the back of the form for more product and service promotion.
AND if you want to discuss your project with a professional Book Designer concerning how to's about self publishing, book design, title development, interiors or general consulting on PR and promotion. . . .
I invite you to visit my website http://www.BookCoverDesigner.com AND download your copy of The Book Design Free Quick Tips Booklet, when you sign up for my Tips and Newsletter http://www.bookcoverdesigner.com/10-free-quick-tips-ebook.html
Keep doing something every day towards your book and promotion!
(c) 2008. Be It Now!, Inc, Kareen Ross All rights reserved. Permission to publish on-line or in print is granted so long as the article is reproduced word for word without additons to any part of article and author by-line are printed intact.