If you want your readers to stay engaged, you'll need more than a great title. The content of your article must be of value, not just blah, blah, blah. Here are the top 5 secrets to successful article writing. What do you think they are?
1. Keep the needs of your target audience in mind as you write, and keep the word style you use consistent. Jumping from one word style to another will appeal to no one. You cannot satisfy everyone in one article, so don't try. Definitely stick to the subject, but also, stay with the word style you've chosen from beginning to end. Remember, you want your audience to understand what you're writing about, and come away with a great reading experience. What's really important is that they feel you are an expert on the subject, and that you have all the information they'll need. Your value is always in the problems you solve for your readers. If you can accomplish this you get them to trust you enough to do business with you, a complete stranger.
2. Get the best mileage from your articles. After you've produced a few, you'll get faster and better at writing them. But, regardless of how well you write, articles still take a certain amount of time . So do your research to determine the most popular keywords in your area of expertise, this will cause them to perform well in top search engines.
3. Know the rules of article writing. You have to remember that you are submitting your articles for publishing sites, not your own blogs or websites. So, keep the self-serving links or inappropriate content in the body of your article to a minimum. Most publishing sites allow you a signature, this is where you put short self-serving content and contact information.
4. K. I. S. S. your readers, keep it simple sweetie. The article should not come off like you're re-writing the dictionary from A to Z. Big fancy words will take away from what you're trying to say. While they're trying to understand what you mean, I guarantee your message will get lost in translation. And that's only if they stick around, most people are going to give up and move on to the next article.
5. Create articles on relevant hot topics. This will generate more internet attention. Keep your topics current and in the flow of your target audience. Do your research, stay in the know so you can get your articles quite possibly picked up by other ezine owners and published on their site.
Joy Brooks is an expert Internet Business and Marketing Trainer in the Network Marketing industry. She teaches entrepreneurs how to use internet marketing strategies and tools to generate quality leads that convert into Fast Cash! To review her FREE Internet Marketing Tutorials go to http://www.MLMJoy.com