Article writing is a skill, although it is possible to make money from article marketing without being able to write. Basically you employ a ghostwriter to do it for you. The main focus here is not to comment on article writing per se, but on how to make money from article marketing.
Article marketing allows you to forget about websites, forget about blogs, forget about WEB2 sites and forget about just about every other way of marketing a product, including pay per click advertising except article writing. You could even wave Google bye-bye, were it not for the fact that you can even get free advertising from search engines by having your article listed.
Here is the procedure:
1. Find a good niche. That is a subject or product class that is not oversubscribed, and that does not have massive competition. You want a niche from which you can make money, and for which you can find a good product to sell.
2. Find a good product to sell. It could be your own product or somebody else's you are selling as an affiliate. It must, however, have a landing page. Now you are likely thinking that I just said you didn't need a website and now I am talking about landing pages, and you would be right. However, I didn't say it had to be YOUR landing page. It can be anybody's landing page, including your own, so long as you are getting the credit for the sale.
3. Find some good keywords. These are keywords that few others are using, but that lots of people are using as a search terms on search engines. There are plenty of good software packages that help you find them, including some great free ones.
4. Write an article on the topic of the product, and sprinkle a few of your keywords around the article. Use one or two in the title. Put a link to the landing page for the product in the resource section of your article.
5. Submit your article to as many article directories as possible. Also submit it to ezines that are relevant to your product.
Then all you have to do is wait until all that lovely cash rolls in! Or so they say! There is only one problem with that theory: it doesn't always work. Oh, article marketing can work, because I can make it work practically any time I want, but there is more to it than just the bald instructions above. Here are the problems:
a) There are still good niches to find, but you have to know how to find them. It is getting increasingly more difficult to find niches that lots of people are not already using to make money. However, it can be done, and there is software available to help you. There also a few tricks you can use, such as using eBay to find what is hot, and then checking up to determine what the supply for these products is like online. The thing is, you don't have to sell the products - you can sell information about them.
b) There are ways to find good products to sell, but you have to know what they are. Without that knowledge you might find it very difficult to find something that is not already being sold by countless others.
c) Good keywords can be hard to find unless you know the right software to use and how to interpret the results. Without good keywords that not too many people are using on their websites you might have too much competition for you make much money.
d) Not everybody can write articles, and many ghost writers are next to illiterate! I know, because I have used some in my business as an article writer. I employ others to write some of my articles, but I frequently have to let many go because their standard is so low. An article has to be well written to make you money.
e) Unless your article is well written, it will not be accepted by directories, and certainly not by ezines. Not only that, but you only have to submit to a dozen or so top directories for maximum results. It's knowing what these are that's the secret.
As you can see, each of the five steps has a drawback, and the need for you to understand more about what you are doing. Oh, yes - you can make a lot if you know how to make money from article marketing, but unless you know a fair bit about article writing, how to submit them and how to find the right products and keywords, then you will more than likely fail.
To find out the right way to write and market articles, check out Article Czar and get a gift just for visiting. Here you will find out how to make money from article marketing, as well get the chance of a free copy of my acclaimed ebook, SEOcious