Your most important business asset as an information marketer is your list, and article marketing is one of the fastest and easiest ways to build that list.
Yet most list builders make five critical errors when building their list. So let's take a closer look at these “five failures" and what to do instead.
The 5 Failures
1. Failure to write enough articles to make a difference. I hear it all the time - (said with a whine. . ) - “Well, I tried article marketing to build my list and it just doesn't work. " I then find out that the person has written and submitted three articles, expecting a flood of additions to their list.
What to do instead: It's simple folks, the greater your volume of great original articles, the greater all your other numbers will be, including your list.
2. Failure to ask the reader to take the action you want them to take. I see it all the time. An article and even a web site that has good to great info and yet does not ask the reader to do anything.
What to do instead: Ask and invite the reader to take the action you want them to take.
3. Failure to collect the name and email. This one happens often too. Many info marketers do not include a way to add an email to their list.
What to do instead - Invite the reader to an opt-in page where they will trade their email address for more good information from you.
4. Failure to follow up. Getting someone on your list and not following up is insane. You don't want to market like a crazy person do you?
What to do instead - Follow up with your list, because your future and your fortune is in the follow up.
5. Failure to take great care of your list. You are not just building a list you are building a community.
What to do instead - Answer their questions and ask them questions.
Bonus Tip Just doing the opposite of these “5 failures" can dramtically grow your list. And now I would like to invite you to claim your free access to one of my List Building Article Templates by going to http://www.ListBuildingArticleTemplate.com
From Jeff Herring - The Article Marketing Guy and List Building Gold Secrets