For most people who are trying to run a business, writing anything, let alone website content, is like eating Brussels sprouts with Limburger cheese. Business owners usually don't like to write, would rather be doing something else, or find the whole process of writing just plain distasteful.
You can have the slickest web design in town, graphically speaking, but if the quality of the content isn't there, your viewers will tune out quick. The greatest web page in the world is not going to take the place of good basic writing skills. Without good writing, your site loses credibility with the end result being a lack of trust. No trust, no customer.
A good website needs to grab the reader's attention in eight seconds before a potential customer clicks off and goes to another site. Potential clients want to know what you can do for them in the quickest time frame possible, which makes content a high priority.
The growth of your business depends on a quality website with concise, dynamic, and grammatically correct content. Many businesses lack the time and resources necessary to create good web content, so they hire an outside professional writer.
The benefits of hiring an outside professional:
- Your inside resources will be used more efficiently and effectively.
- There is a minimal upfront expense for increased returns.
- Writing projects are completed on time because that is a freelancer's focus.
- Freelance writers are dedicated wordsmiths.
- You can hire a freelance writer on an “as needed" basis.
- You can relax and not have to worry about workmens comp, liability insurance, health insurance, or unemployment insurance
- What kind of image do I want to portray to my customers?
- Why aren't more people viewing my website?
- How effective is my site in generating customers?
- Am I capable of the kind of writing that gets results?
- Do I have time to do this myself?
Copyright © 2007 Pamela Beers. All rights reserved.
Pamela Beers is a freelance writer, educator, and horse afficionda. She writes and is published in all three areas. She has solutions to help grow your business through effective website content and promotions. Visit her website at http://www.pamelabeers.com