Article writing is one of the very best things you can do for your business. Do you know what holds you back from writing all the articles that you really want to? Read on to discover how to blow past the top 7 roadblocks that keep you from writing more articles.
The Top 7 Roadblocks
1. I don't have enough to say or anything important to say - Well, allow me to respectfully say you are wrong! You have a message that is unique to you. There are more people out there in your niche who are waiting to hear from you, who can only hear it from you, than you can ever get to in your lifetime.
2. I don't know what my niche is - Well, let's figure that one out. What are you passionate about? What do people say you are really good at? That's your niche.
3. Getting started - You do not have to be great or even good to start. You do have to start to be great. Start. Once you get started, you begin to get on a roll. And once you get on a roll, your momentum builds and builds.
4. Too little time - Well, you know, we are all given 24 and no more each day. Choose your time wisely, it's the one thing you can never get back.
5. Perfectionism - Make an important distinction between perfection and excellence. One is achievable, the other is not. Most perfectionists simply do not make much money, because perfectionists are always tweaking and rarely producing. I would rather you have your excellent quality content article out there working for you than have a work forever in progress article sitting on your computer awaiting perfection.
6. Procrastination - Procrastination makes small things seem huge, and things that would take just a few minutes seem like they would take forever. Here is your cure for procrastination - the next time you are tempted to procrastinate, put it off. Procrastinate about procrastinating. Tell yourself you will do it now and procrastinate later. The good news is you will probably be able to practice this before your head hits the pillow tonight.
7. Writer's Block - I believe there is no such thing. But here is how I have never had it - work on several articles at a time. If one is not flowing, just keep going to another one until one of them flows. If nothing else, write about writer's block.
Are you ready to step up your article writing and maybe even write an e-book? Then come join us at The Internet Association of Article & Ebook Writers & Marketers at http://www.ArticlestoEbooks.com for leading edge strategies for writing and marketing articles and ebooks with Jeff Herring, The Article Guy and Ellen Violette, The E-book Coach.