Article writing can lead you places you never expected to go. I began writing articles on relationships, parenting and stress for a local newspaper in 1994. Then I began posting articles on the internet article directories in the spring of 2005. I was doing it to market my practice, nothing more. I had no intention of ever teaching or coaching or mentoring other people to do it, yet here I am making a major part of my business day.
Lots of Articles = A Book
It's not really higher math you know. Lots of articles on the same subject equals a book. And it does not have to be all on the same subject. My first and so far only hard cover book (I have tons of e-books) was simply a collection of my newspaper columns (articles) divided into three topics: relationships, parenting and stress.
Here is the simplest formula I can give you:
1. List 7 tips in your niche, in your area of expertise.
2. Write a few lines about each tip.
3. Then take each tip and write some more about that tip, so you now have an article on that tip.
4. Now write a little bit more for each article. With a little bit more writing, each one of those 7 articles becomes a chapter in a book.
5. Write an introduction and a conclusion.
You started out with a list of 7 tips and ended up with a book. Pretty cool, huh?
Visit http://www.TheArticleGuy.com for more leading edge tips and tools for writing articles that bring you prospects, publicity and profits. You can also subscribe to our monthly Article Writing & Marketing Tips Newsletter. You are also invited to visit my Express-Start Article Writing Program for more information on the next article writing tele-seminar.