Welcome to another installment in The Article Guy's Article Marketing Interview Series. Today I am interviewing Relationship Coach Sandra Rohr. She trained with The Relationship Coaching Institute and has one of my favorite tag lines:
"Date Consciously-Mate Consciously-Live Deliciously!
1. How did you get started writing articles?
I've always been a writer, but I started being aware of the power of my writing (how modest of me!) when I was doing my master's work. As for writing regarding my practice, I started by writing for the Conscious Dating and Couples newsletters.
2. What has been your biggest mistake?
Biggest mistake is not starting earlier. Biggest problem is switching from an academic style of writing to a journalistic style.
3. What has been your biggest success and/or accomplishment?
Wrote, published, and marketed A Kid's Guide to Orange County (a handbook of fun things to do with your kids in Southern California), being published in academic journals, being published in RCI e-zines.
4. Where do you get your ideas?
For relationship articles, from clients’ questions mostly.
5. What has article writing and article marketing done for you and your business?
I've started hearing from a few people who have read my material in the RCI e-zines, but as soon as I get my website completed-in about a week-I plan to submit my articles to the clearing houses. If, as you suggest, and as I believe, this is the road to getting known, I expect a lot from this.
Points for us to use
- You can go from an academic style to a conversational style.
- You can become a regular contributor to other people's newsletters
- Get started - as I often tell my coaching clients - “You don't have to be great to start, but you gotta start to be great. "
How would you like to banish writers block forever and write away, right away? Then get yourself a copy of my 26 Article Writing Templates with Examples at http://www.TheArticleGuy.com/articletemplates.htm
You can also subscribe to The Article Writing & Article Marketing Tips Newsletter delivered to your email inbox twice a month from Jeff Herring, The Article Guy.