Cambodia is the land of beauty and culture and many tourists visit this beautiful country all round the year. Siem Reap is a popular tourist destination with in Cambodia, especially for those headed towards the famous Angkor Temple. The picturesque province of Siem Reap has several other temples apart from the Angkor Wat temple where hundreds of travelers flock each year.
Hotels in Siem Reap are aplenty and no matter what your budget is you are sure to find one that suits both your taste and budget. Luxury hotels in Siem Reap are also found in abundance and they offer world-class facilities. Mekong Angkor Palace is the one prominent luxury hotel in Siem Reap among them.
Welcome to Hotel Mekong Angkor Palace
Hotel Mekong Angkor Palace is one the best budget luxury hotels in Siem Reap which is conveniently situated in the heart of the city Siem Reap. The hotel is just a couple of minutes drive from the Temple of Angkor Wat and is also close to the city’s commercial center where you will find several shops, restaurants, cafes, nightclubs, and bars which remain open till the wee hours of the morning.
The hotel has 55 well furnished rooms which come with modern fittings and amenities like air conditioner, shower, private balcony, satellite television, wireless internet, and clean bed linen. You also get free pick-up facility, complimentary breakfast, coffee, tea and newspaper in your room.
The Mekong Angkor Palace has its own restaurant which specializes in Khmer and European cuisine. Khmer cuisine is actually very similar to the cuisines from the neighboring countries but is a lot less spicy. The hotel has a well-stocked poolside bar where you can enjoy a nice drink after a day of sightseeing.
If you wish to explore the Siem Reap countryside you can do so by getting bicycles from the hotel and taking a ride around the town.
Facilities at Mekong Angkor Palace
- Hotel Mekong Palace has 50 en-suite rooms which are beautifully decorated and has modern amenities. There are 30 rooms ah of which have their own private balconies and overlook the temples in the city.
- The restaurant at Mekong Palace offers a delectable palate of dishes specially prepared by chefs. You can taste both European and Khmer dishes in the restaurant. The restaurant extends into the garden where you can take your meals, breakfast, lunch and dinner, sitting under small huts with thatched roof.
- The hotel has a fully stocked bar set amidst the garden.
- There is a golf course within the hotel premises where you can enjoy a game of golf.
- You may also soak yourself in the swimming pool after a tiring day.
- The hotel offers adequate conference facilities.
- High speed wireless internet is available in the rooms.
- Parking is available and there is a cab that runs takes guests to the airport.
- The hotel also offers laundry service.
- A currency exchange center is present at the hotel.
Bjorn has published many reviews about the hotels in Siem Reap . His travel destination guide on Siem Reap features the best accommodation within Cambodia, such as Mekong Angkor Palace which is the best family hotel to stay and dine.