Imbued with a sense of serenity South Africa is a nation which offers some of the most eye-catching destinations for spending your holidays. The places here are enveloped with a unique mixture of unforeseen beautiful landscape and a colonial cultural past. South Africa also houses many communities from across the world like Europeans, Indians etc. Since the beginnings of time, the name Africa has always ringed a sense of curiosity, it has always been considered a land unexplored. This interest of exotic and unexplored land has drawn many settlers from around the globe dating back to thousand years. First a group of farmers came to South Africa and settled here in 2nd century AD and were the original inhabitants of this country. Then, in 17th century Dutch settlers came to South Africa and established their capital near Cape Town Area. Then the Britishers came and over took the control of this country from the Dutch and made it a colony under the British Empire. Down the centuries it has continued to attract interests of nations and their people around the world. The adoption of Apartheid in 1948 and its abandonment in early 1990s have been some of the significant events in South African history. The dissolving of race based segregation has led to a government based on equality. Places to visit in South Africa Africa has always been home to some of the most exquisite experiences on this planet, like wild safaris, rarest of the rare species of animals and a unique combo of unsurpassable flora and fauna. From mountains to deserts, and rivers to oceans there is everything one can find in Africa. South Africa is among the top choices for tourists seeking exotic pleasure. Here are some of the places without which any South African vacation is incomplete:
1. Cape Town and Cape Peninsula: The first name that comes to one’s mind after hearing South Africa is Cape Town. The capital of South Africa offers numerous scenic tourist spots like beautiful beaches, whale watching, and the penguin beach. The nightlife, world class shopping, and some the best food and wine items are the specialty of Cape Town. The Table Mountain is the highlight of this city and is worth a hike as it offers a breathtaking view of Cape Town. The Victoria and Alfred Waterfront here also attracts number of tourists in Cape Town.
2. Garden Route National Park: This national park is home to many endangered and rare species of animals. It is also considered one of the best drives around the world. The Port Elizabeth is also a popular tourist attraction here in the Garden Route located on the shore of Indian Ocean.
3. The Winelands: The Winelands offer some of the best luxury inns and country houses. This area is laden with picturesque Cape wine routes offering beautiful green valleys and historical towns. This place is a must visit for make your South Africa holiday tour package more superior & wonderful experience.
4. Kruger National Park: Spanning over 2 million hectares, this national park offers the best wildlife safari experience. One can also enjoy 4x4 gaming ride in the park while watching rare animals prowling around. It is also home numerous ecosystems and is among the most popular national parks around the world.
5. Blyde River and Canyon Nature Reserve: This region in South Africa offers a beautiful panoramic view of the Blyde river and is known as God’s window. The Canyon Nature Reserve here offers ideal scenic drives and hiking opportunities. Author bio: Lavacanza is one of the most popular travel partners for South Africa tours and you can contact them for South Africa Safari tour package at the best travel price.