The Top Ten Destinations of Midtown Manhattan
The sights of Midtown Manhattan are the focus of tons of movies and television shows set in New York City. Those iconic New York attractions offer the experience most tourists are looking for when they visit the Big Apple. So, what are the top ten sights to see in this neighborhood of the city that never sleeps?
1. For sheer impact, Times Square is hard to beat. Restaurants, bars, and world class shopping inhabit the screen covered skyscrapers surrounding the square. The Times Square area extends into the Theater District where Broadway is one of the most enduringly popular New York attractions for tourists and locals alike.
2. So, the approximately forty theatres on Broadway make up the next stop in our tour of Midtown delights. Domestic and international plays and musicals, famous and obscure, new and old, run the boards at these intimate playhouses in the Theater District.
3. To see great shows and historic landmarks of New York City, check out Radio City Music Hall, which along with Carnegie Hall, plays host to some of the greatest music and dance events in New York.
4. Just across the street from Radio City Music Hall, tourists can take in the sights at Rockefeller Center, which offers a variety of iconic experiences for visitors to New York. Guest can take a tour of Rockefeller Center (learning about art, architecture, and history), walk through the gardens, drink in the views of Midtown from the top of the Rock observation decks, tour the NBC studios that are housed at 30 Rockefeller Center, or simply hang out at the NBC Digital Cafe.
5. To really get outside into nature, relax and play in the largest city park in the United States, Central Park. Play golf, rent a boat, study the statues and monuments, visit the Central Park Zoo, view Belvedere's Castle, or take in some of the many New York attractions and events hosted in the park each year.
6. St. Patrick's Cathedral offers a look at gorgeous Gothic architecture in Midtown NYC.
7. The New York Public Library is drenched in history, architectural beauty, and the whispers of New York's storied past.
8. For art history, take a stroll through the New York attractions the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) and the Guggenheim.
9. Visit the setting for the blockbuster movie A Night at the Museum when you go see the exhibits at the American Museum of Natural History.
10. Fifth Avenue and Madison Avenue provide the premier shopping destinations in Manhattan.
Getting your plans aligned to see the best Midtown Manhattan has to offer? Check out the possible New York attractions at RockefellerCenter.com today! For interesting things to do for Miami tour in south beach or just Florida, please refer to Miami Tours .
Online website for more information or the main Miami tours operator in the beach called half price tour tickets for trips also within Miami to Key West and Orlando.