France is obviously a well-known country worldwide. Here are some interesting facts about France.
- The population of France is at an estimated 60.9 million people. This makes France the 23rd most popular country in the world! Another very interesting fact is that 16.4% of France's population are 65 years and older. Just something you might need to know sometime.
Just incase you were interested, China is the most popular country in the world, the USA is the second most popular country in the world, Congo Republic is the 22nd and the United Kingdom is the 24th.
- 85% of the French population is Roman Catholic. This may seem slightly random, but it shows a lot about the culture of France.
- The life expectancy overall is 76 years old for men and 84 for women. This is quite similar to those of other countries around Europe, which isn't surprising because of how close the countries in Europe are.
- The surface area covering France is 547,030 square kilometres.
France isn't really that big compared to other countries in Europe, but it still has a pretty fair size.
- France borders many different countries - Including Belgium, Italy, Germany and Spain
- France is divided into 22 regions (A bit like States in the United States or Counties in the United Kingdom). These are: Alsace, Aquitaine, Auvergne, Basse-Normandie, Bourgogne, Bretagne, Centre, Champagne-Ardenne, Corse, Franche-Comte, Haute-Normandie, Ile-de-France, Languedoc-Roussillon, Limousin, Lorraine, Midi-Pyrenees, Nord-Pas-de-Calais, Pays de la Loire, Picardie, Poitou-Charentes, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur and Rhone-Alpes.
- A very obvious one here that everyone should know, the Capital City of France is Paris.
- The tallest mountain in France is called Mont Blanc.
- The flag of France is usually known as the ‘tricolor’ (three colour) and consists of equal width stripes of blue, white and red.
Now you know about France, learn the French Language at Lingo Courses .