It is only in Brisbane where you would be able to find a modern capital city that uniquely blends elegance with exceptional hospitality. Since it is also famous for its friendly and relaxed style, you would have no problem unwinding in this soothing place. Brisbane accommodation is also ample and you could choose from several backpacker accommodations, hotels, motels, resorts, and self-contained units.
Things to Do in Brisbane
Brisbane presents top attractions that would surely delight any tourist. Listed below are some of the things that you can do while you are on a holiday in Brisbane:
1. Engross yourself in the arts. One source of pride for Brisbane is the Queensland Cultural Centre. This is actually the center of arts and entertainment in all of the state. It is home to the Conservatory of Music, the Art Gallery, the Performing Arts Complex, and the Queensland Museum. The cultural calendar of this city lasts all through the year and it provides a varied selection of festivals or events that would definitely suit every discriminating taste and interest. Every spring, the yearly River Festival would not be complete without fireworks, jazz music and the other classics that never fail to make the waterways truly alive. The Brisbane Writers Festival showcases the top Australian and foreign writers while the Brisbane International Film Festival highlights all the finest from the world of movies.
2. Stay at the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary. Guests from other countries would simply love the rich and easily seen wildlife of Australia located at the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary. You would be able to cuddle a koala, give food to a kangaroo, or listen to a talk about Australian reptiles. This is a great day trip for your whole family. There would be no need for you to leave the city just to have an experience with such wonderful animals.
3. Have an escapade on the river. Even Brisbane locals are fond of getting out on the Brisbane River because it is a fairly easy and inexpensive activity to do via a ride on the City Cat. The City Cats are speedy catamarans in Brisbane. You could take a cruise around the river and you could also stop wherever you want along the way. These City Cats move smoothly on the water and you would also be able to see some luxurious houses along this trip. Your ferry guide would be able to present you with more information.
4. Drop by the Mount Coot-tha Lookout. Your Brisbane holiday would not be complete without taking the drive up to the pinnacle of Mount Coot-tha, which would give you a fantastic view of the entire city of Brisbane. You would get to see the gentle curves of the river, the seemingly endless lines of the freeway, as well as the skyline of the Central Business District. If you happen to be here on a clear day, you could also see the distant ranges, Moreton Bay and other magnificent scenery. You could also take a bite to eat at the café and restaurant on site.
5. Take a leisurely walk in the City Botanic Gardens. You should also explore the unique and stunning plants that thrive in the city's sub-tropical climate. The City Botanic Gardens are located in an amazing spot near the river and it is also an easy walk if you are coming from the bustling Central Business District. Make sure that you will not pass up the chance to walk through the mangroves found on the boardwalk.
The author writes for Cheap Holiday Accommodation, a travel website based for Australia. You can find in here travel tips, articles, as well as other important information about Brisbane accommodation and Brisbane holiday .