1. The beaches -. Most tourists come for the beautiful white and picturesque beaches of Phuket. Head for the unspoiled white shores of Laem Ka Beach, Nai Thon or Nai Yang to enjoy some peace and quiet or head for Karon or Kata for a more upbeat feel.
2. Traditional Spicy Thai Food - For those who love spice, Thailand would be heaven to you with their range of spicy dishes such as Tom Yam Goong, Som Tham and Pad Thai; all of which are national favourites.
3. Muai Thai - Though you might have seen it on TV or even in some places around the world, no one does Muai Thai like the place it originated from. This fascinating sport is more than just boxing as you get to see the rituals they perform before a fight and even the music that accompanies the matches throughout.
4. An elephant trek - Sure you can ride an elephant almost anywhere in the world, but here comes a unique experience that will sit in your mind forever. Take an elephant ride throughout the forests of Phuket and go on a half day eco trail as your guides bring you to places off the beaten path.
5. Great Snorkelling - The waters surrounding Phuket are a dream come true for snorkelling and for those who've never tried; this would be the perfect place to make your first memory. Take a boat trip to the nearby islands like the coral islands or Similan islands to get a much more magical experience there.
6. Cabaret! - This is a must see for all adults out there. Phuket's Simon Cabaret attracts over a thousand visitors every day and for good reason. Its glamour, originality and fun make it a really enjoyable performance worth seeing. Yet again, no one does Cabaret like the Thais!
7. The Temples - Visit temples such as Wat Chalong, considered by the locals to be the pride of Phuket or go for some of the other equally beautiful and mystical ones such as Wat Prathong or Wat Suwan Khiri Khet.
8. Patong - The one and only place in Phuket where you can play during the day and party the night away. The pulsating nightlife in Patong is so contagious that soon you'll find yourself just letting go and boogying the night away!
9. Cheap Shopping - Seriously one of the cheapest places to shop in the world today, you would regret if you passed up the opportunity to get almost anything and everything here!
10. The best part of Thailand is Phuket. There is no place in Thailand as beautiful or as relaxing and yet fun and vibrant as Phuket.
Orson Johnson writes for Holiday Velvet, a website providing Phuket Villas & Worldwide vacation rentals .