One of the Largest yachts in the world costs more than 150 million dollars, the Maltese Falcon Yacht is the yachters dream come true, owned by Tom Perkins, a multi millionaire that can let you borrow his toy for 325,000 Euros each week. Currently, the vessel is for sale, it will cost you $178,606,500. With a shiny black frame, there can be no boating enthusiast that won't drool upon seeing this majestic vessel.
The yacht itself is 88 meters long, almost the same as the Lurssen's Eos and Royal Huisman's Athena. Built under the Dina Rigg concept, it was a classical invention by a Wilhelm Prolss. Although the design was intended for commercial freight use to carry less crew members, it was adopted to the design.
* Although it has been modeled from a classic yacht, it is considered as a new type of yacht. The sailing system has been upgraded. Called the falcon rig, it has a three mast, it is self-standing, and rotating masts have 15 sails which has a 2,400 sq. meters of sail area. It is being controlled by the Perini Navi Sail Control, it boasts unrivaled safely and maneuverability.
* The 15 sails are being stored in the masts, as there are five per mast, they can be fully unfurled into the tracks in less than 6 minutes. There are also 3 masts made of carbon fiber in which it can rotate.
* The ship has 2 1,800 Hp Deutz engines. It runs tops speed at 1800 rpm and cruising at 20 knots. The engine makes minimal waves and gives no vibration or even noises. It has a non turbulent and smooth wake.
* There is a very noticeable beauty in the ships’ atrium, The 3 decks are all united by the circular stairway that surrounds the Main Cast. This creates a spiral effect that is beautified by natural lighting from the above floors.
* Its insides can be described as the most luxurious contemporary décor. It encompasses a soothing look, very delightful furnishing that's worlds best.
* The deck is openly wide. It has a main saloon. Also there are Aft Cockpit, studio Areas and the dining room. The ship supports of up to 12 guests for extreme comfort, with 5 staterooms on the lower floors and a unique passage cabin located in the upper deck, all complete with a private cockpit.
* There is also a sun-bathing area, it is protected for privacy, and this area is also near the Wheelhouse, an ultra modern area that is considered as the heart of the Maltese Falcon Yacht.
* The total Crew count of the Falcon is 18. They maintain the yachts beauty and all its technical aspects. As it is available for charter, the onboard hotel is also being taken care of the crew members. With the 12 guests that it accommodates, it can also handle an additional 4 guest staffs. Food and drinks are one of the finest; there is an onboard chef with stewards/stewardess to facilitate the guests.
* The ship has been produced bye a company known as Perkins. In the manufacturing stage, it has been under direct supervision of an English company, Insensys and Gerard Kijkstra and Partners which is a Dutch company.
The Maltese is the best in entertaining crowds. The crowd pleaser vessel only anchors in selected ports, it can be considered a once in a blue moon event for seeing such beauty. With foaming crests of sea water, they can catch a lot of attention, especially with its gigantic sails.
The Maltese falcon can cross the Atlantic in 10 days. The extraordinary yacht is a masterpiece without equal. It is possible to control the vessel with just one person. It also has an onboard advanced computer that will adjust the yacht's controls for the best sailing experience. However, Tom doesn't like this method of cruising in his yachts; an operator must be at bay for activating controls.
The Maltese Falcon Yacht Charters started in the summer of 2006, with a huge charter price; it is best suited for other millionaires looking for the best yachting experience that money can buy.
David Web is a boat enthusiast and has been writing many boat related articles to help other boat owners to save money by avoiding costly mistakes. Work out how to reduce the cost of owning your own boat with boat loan calculator and at the same time learn how you can save on your boat insurance Maryland