Although the town of Busselton is not anywhere near as large as the capital of Western Australia; Perth, it is still regarded as a fantastic beach retreat that attracts hundreds of thousands of tourists every year. It only began as an official settlement in the early 1830’s, and has since developed spectacularly. Recently, statistics of the city has shown it to be one of the most fastest growing areas in Australia.
Tourists come to the town for various reasons, but predominantly for its beautiful sunshine and golden beaches. The town is a great place for a weekend getaway, or even a two week vacation, as the relaxing ambiance will certainly captivate any tourist who experiences it. Busselton hotels can be arranged on the internet prior to the holiday, and there are plenty of choices available.
Holidaying in the city, visiting the sites and partaking in the activities is only part of the offerings that Busselton has to offer. Don’t forget, visitors need to eat and shop, so there are some places around the city that do provide these services, as listed in the following highlighted passages below:
- The city of Busselton is home to more than 24,000 people, so it no longer considered a small coastal town. There is particularly evident with the fact that the city contains some massive shopping centres, including the largest of them all – the Busselton Central Shopping Centre. It is located on the corner of West and Prince Streets, and offers a large range of retail stores to shop in. In addition to the varied range of clothing and accessories stores in the shopping centre, visitors will be able to find more convenient services, including grocery stores, supermarkets, and banks. There is also plenty of eating options found in the shopping complex also.
- The streets around the city of Busselton are filled with a diverse list of shops and services. For visitors who are staying for a few months, there are several furniture stores located in the city centre, while tourists who want jewelry or other accessories will be able to search for some beautiful stores. In addition to these, banks and post offices can be used along the streets of downtown Busselton.
- In addition to the Busselton Central Shopping Centre, there is also another large shopping mall known as the Busselton Boulevarde Shopping Centre. It is also found in the heart of the city, within walking distance of the other shopping centre. It is also home to a range of different shopping stores, including fashion, accessories, and more. There are plenty of restaurants located in the complex, including some sit down restaurants and some fast food chains. This enables visitors to enjoy some magnificent afternoons and evenings shopping for clothes and other items, while dining at a restaurant of choice.
- When it comes to eating and dining out, visitors can find some excellent cafes and restaurants within the man resorts of the city. These are not only high quality establishments, but there positioning close to the stunning beach front area of the city make them ideal for romantic couples and romantic nights out. Even though the prices of these restaurants and cafes are a little on the expensive side, they do provide some unrivalled menus and cuisines for tourists.
- Some of the hotels in the city are designed with a small kitchen or self contained kitchen, enabling travellers to cook, or at least have the option to do so. Sometimes, with the city of Busselton keeping people busy all day long, a great option is to simply eat a self-cooked meal at the apartment or hotel and take a rest. By shopping at one of the grocery stores, tourists will find fresh veggies and a bigger budget to sightsee with.
Lek Boonlert is an editor and content reviewer at DirectRooms and is responsible for all Busselton Hotels content.