Paphos is a tourist paradise. Everything visitors could want in a holiday can be found here…theme parks, shopping, historical attractions, mythical attractions and more. The town of Paphos is one of the most important cities for Cyprus; the small island nation located in the Mediterranean Sea.
There is an airport just outside the city of Paphos, for which it serves. Getting into the city is achievable through the Paphos Airport. Although, flying into any airport in Cyprus can then be followed by a car or bus ride with equally expedient results.
Visitors shouldn’t spend there holiday lounging around in one of the Paphos hotels. There are plenty of things to do that will delight travellers of all ages.
1. Bird Watching – nature at its best…well, sort of. The bird park sanctuary is a wonderful activity for bird lovers and those interesting in nature. Schools often visit the park, but its size is so big so people can literally explore alone!
2. Tomb Exploring – take some time out to enjoy a tour of the Tomb of Kings. Although no royal family members are buried in this place, the tombs are nonetheless magnificent.
3. Water Sliding – don’t miss out on spending an entire day, or maybe half a day for those who burn in the sun, at the Aphrodite Water Park. Here, patrons of all ages can enjoy the water together. There are very fast rides, medium level attractions and children’s play areas located within the park. Tickets are not too expensive.
4. Eating and Cooking – restaurants are available all over the city, making it easy for visitors to enjoy one of the best cultural activities in Cyprus…eating! The old town in the hilly part of the city is one of the best places to find traditional cuisine. However, international cuisines can also be found around the streets of Paphos too.
5. Ancient Site Tours – the archaeological park is home to many ancient Greek structures, some of which are wonderful stand along attractions in themselves. This park is best seen with a guide, and visitors should be willing to give up several hours to truly enjoy the magic within.
6. Harbour Walking – although this is not usually on the list of tourists coming into Paphos, just getting out a walking through the harbour is a very stunning activity for anyone who enjoys a picturesque stroll. Cafes and restaurants are available for tourists and locals.
7. Musicals – even though the Odeon is more famous as a tourist attraction, it also hosts several theatrical performances and concerts to entice customers. It is not too far from the centre of town, so getting to the amphitheatre is remarkably easy. Patrons will certainly be forgiven for being distracted by the mind-blowing beauty of the surrounds.
8. Golfing – within the town of Paphos, there is a beautiful new golf course that was constructed with the local resort too. It is the ideal spot for tourists who enjoy a round of golf, as the course as actually quite picturesque. It is situated within the new resort in the area.
9. Shopping – although the town is not renowned for its shopping spree facilities, there are some stores located along the roadside within Paphos. The main product on sale in the town is leather, and it can be found everywhere. However, there are many places that sell DVD’s, but customers are recommended to stay away from the really cheap ones, as they are almost always a fake and generally of very low quality.
10. Greek Pilgrimage – visitors can do the famous Aphrodite pilgrimage that ancient Greeks would do each year for the goddess of love. Visitors will be taken through the cultural streets of the Old Town, then complete their tour at the Palaepaphos.
Lek Boonlert is an editor and content reviewer at DirectRooms and is responsible for all Paphos Hotels content.