Gone are those days when we have to stand in winding queues at the airline counter to buy our airline tickets. Thanks to the many online travel websites, now booking air tickets is just a click away. Online travel sites are truly a blessing to travelers. Advantages of such travel web portal are myriads, not only has it made the process of booking airfares easier but you will also find the price of online travel sites cheaper than your usual travel agent. Though the advantages are myriads, but there are times when travelers too faces superfluous hassles while booking their travel plans from online travel websites. To help you enjoy a hassle free online flight ticket booking, here are some tips.
• Always book your flight tickets from supposed online travel site, which offers secure booking page. Check out the site terms and conditions; read the termination policy and browse the FAQ section and if you have any more doubts don't hesitate to call the website customer care. Some of the top online flight tickets booking websites are Expedia, OneTravel and orbitz.
• To get cheap air flight tickets, booking in advance is the best way. According to many travel experts the best time to book is 21 days prior to the day of your journey. Booking in advance not only help you save on your air ticket fares but it also offers you more options such as flight timing and so on. Another great way to get cheap airline tickets is by flying on the slowest days of the week. Days such as Tuesday and Wednesday are considered as the slowest days and booking your flight on these days will help you get some great deals.
• While searching for cheap flights, never end your resolve your search with just one website. Always compare your fares with numerous travel websites.
• Before finalizing any deals always query about extra-charges or any hidden cost. Since credit cards are the most popular way of payment for online travel web portal, make sure that you have all detail with you. Do not give up the PIN number of your credit card.
• Once you have completed the payment, you should receive a confirmation email with all the information which will include the travel policy and the payment details. Don't detail this email as you will need it, while you travel. Take a print out of the email on then day of your travel, plus carry along a photo ID proof such as your driving license or passport.
These are some ordinary tips that you need to take care while booking your travel online. In case if you face any problem call the website customer care, all the top online travel websites have committed travel agents to assist you with any problem.
Author is an associate editor of Airlines in India The website offers exclusive information flight tickets booking and indigo air, jetairways. We also provide information about online flight reservation for Flights to India.