Flying with dirt cheap airline tickets while carrying your pet with you in the cabin may be a difficult task. This is because the majority of low cost airline companies won't permit you to take your pet along with you in the passenger's cabin.
For instance if you want to fly with AerArann, Aer Lingus, EasyJet, FlyBe, RyanAir, Sky Europe and Zoom you could carry a pet but only in the cargo area of the airplane as baggage, a solution that a lot of caring pet owners find unsuitable. Some low cost airline companies that will allow you to have your pet near are Air Berlin, Allegiant Air, BMI and Jet Blue. All of them, anyway, will accept only small dogs and cats, and all of them exclude other kinds of pets, like birds or snakes.
Please be aware that, anyway, even for those companies that don't accept any pet in the passenger's cabin, there is the strict rule to accept a dog that is servicing has seeing-eye, at least one for any flight. The reason for this exception is because a service animal is not to be considered as a pet but a worker assisting a person with inabilities. The FAA also rules that no health certificate must be required for service animals.
In fact to let a pet on a plane it is usually necessary to fill some kind of certificates, like a veterinary certificate, or an acclimation certificate that will be needed if traveling in extreme heat or cold conditions. Also consider that if you don't fly domestic routes, there will possibly a need of a quarantine, which duration will differ from country to country.
If you must be absolutely sure that no pet will be on a plane which you are considering to buy a ticket for, if you are allergic to dander for instance, you should call the company to ask if there is some passenger has made reservations for a pet or a service animal.
When you have found a company that satisfy you both in the terms of cheap airline tickets and for the permission to carry a pet along with you, you have to know that there are some rules that apply to your pet container. The most widely adopted rules are:
* Your pet crate has to be small enough to fit underneath the seat in front of you without blocking anyone trail to the main walkway and its basement has to be waterproof.
* Your pet container must be accurately stowed before the last passenger entry door to the airplane is closed for the airplane to leave the gate.
* Your pet container must remain accurately stowed the entire time the airplane is moving on the airport surface, and for take off and landing.
* You must follow flight attendant instructions regarding the proper stowage of your pet container.
- Be aware that not all companies offering dirt cheap airline tickets will let your pet with you in the cabin.
- Service animals do not fall in the pet category and thanks to their special status they can fly in the passenger cabin and don't have to be confined in a cage or a container.
- If you have allergies check if the company you want to fly with allows pets in the cabin.
- Pet carriers have to submit to the general rules of carry-on baggages and to some specific ones.
So in the end if you look well and you have a bit of luck you can have both dirt cheap airline tickets and you pet in the cabin.
Cheap Airline Tickets