I love airports. No, I truly do. Really. The majority of the population (I have found) do not like and have a distaste for the waiting and the boring hum-drum of the airport. The excitement of going some place by plane is awesome. I just love going there to pick up people. I know strange, but why else would I be a travel agent if not to love traveling. When I was a kid my Nana would take me to the local airport to watch planes take off and land, I did the same thing again as a teenager by myself or with a friend. I love all airports but some have a bit going on more than others. Here are a few great things to do at the airport if your travelling or picking up someone else:
- Read - the newspaper or finish that novel
- Get a flu shot- many major airports are now offering this service right after you pass through security
- Watch the planes land and take-off - surreal
- Talk to other people
- Surf the net - WI-FI is available in many places or check out the internet cafe
- Window shop at the airport mall
- Have a drink or cup of coffee at the pub/coffee shop
- Get a massage (limited number of airports)
- Play a travel game
- Talk to strangers
- Catch up on phone calls, e-mails, etc.
- Write a letter, catch up on correspondence
- Write a to-do list for when you get to your destination
You can not do all of these things at every airport but once you are through security, check out the many features available to you or get a cup of coffee, read a good book and relax.