Every once in a while there is an incessant need to take a break from the mundane lull of work life. Bangalore offers the best natural getaways that borders on not only fun and excitement but adventure and mad rush too, that rejuvenates one to no end. Short, one day trips are great when it includes great places. Here are some of the most famous places in Bangalore that are the best hideouts when it comes to one day team adventure outings for corporate and individual groups alike.
- Bheemeshwari: Bheemeshwari is located in Mandya district, 100 kms away from Bangalore. Nestled in the heart of nature, it doubles up as an awesome trekking location. The place offers a cosy atmosphere and there are many scattered cottages that offer lodgings for travellers while they can enjoy the local sports like Mahseer, go river rafting or just explore the place at leisure.
A perfect spot for team outings, as a lot of games too can be organised for groups of individuals in these locales.
- Manchinbele: Manchinbele dam is located 40 kms away from Bangalore and is built over the river Arkavathi. Beautiful and really picturesque, the place offers a lot of scope for adventure lovers. One can indulge in various adventure sports like river rafting, cliff climbing, cliff hiking, kayaking, rappelling, etc. A must place for an adventurous team outing.
- Ramnagar: Ramnagar or Ramanagara is beautifully set at approximately 50 km southwest of Bangalore.
Ramanagara is known for its rich heritage and cultural places like the Janapada Loka or the folk world. One can indulge in rock climbing here as the place houses many hills like Ramadevarabetta, SRS betta and Thenginkalbetta. A refreshing weekend is guaranteed, as one gets to explore the many caves in these hills and one can get in touch with the best of nature on a pleasant weekend.
- Makalidurga: Makalidurga is located 60 km away from Bangalore near Doddaballapur. The place offers various sporting options like trekking, rappelling, etc. One can explore the Makali Durga fort that is atop a huge granite hillock.
Ghati Subramanya is another well known and famous pilgrimage centre, which also houses a fort as well as a temple of Lord Shiva on top of the hill. The mountain is filled with plants and large patches of natural shrub forests. Thus a delightful and soothful location for team outings.
- Sawandurga: Savanadurga is one of the largest monolith hills in the whole of Asia. It is 60 kms from Bangalore on the way to Magadi. It consists of a lot of peninsular gneiss, rock granites, basic dykes as well as laterites. The place is a haven for corporate day outs, as it offers a lot of scope for trekking, cave exploration, hill climbing, as well as adventure sports like Kayaking, Rappelling, Jhummering, Zip line, etc. One can indulge in night camp fires, Bon fires, Vine traversing, etc. A must visit place for all Bangaloreans.