Uncle Sam Wants to Know Where You Are Going!

Cassandra Ingraham

Visitors: 408

It is no secret that US International Travelers are at risk in the world today. However this cannot be a major factor in your decision to travel. Travel for many people including myself, is a chosen addiction. For some of us, we feel that a small part of us would be lost if we were not able to travel. It’s not easy to explain, it’s like a calling to go to the airport, or to embark on a mega cruise ship, or catch greyhound if our monies are low. Most of us pay our rent or mortgage before we leave town, however, if comes down to our 401K plan and our quarterly travel plans, you guessed it, the 401K will either be robbed or put on hold.

At a later time I will explain our general thoughts on how we plan to live once we retire)

However, for now, I shall attempt to explain the US State Department’s Travel Registration. ‘Travel registration is a free service provided by the U. S. Government to U. S. citizens who are traveling to, or living in, a foreign country. Registration allows you to record information about your upcoming trip abroad that the Department of State can use to assist you in case of an emergency. Americans residing abroad can also get routine information from the nearest U. S. embassy or consulate’

The Federal Government is very nice about the reason that they want you to register. And we realize that most people, including myself are not completely happy with the idea of telling Uncle Sam where we are going, when and for how long. BUT, in light of world events, especially the events that ARE NOT in the news we strongly suggest that you register you foreign travel.

The Federal Government puts it like this “ ……Millions of Americans travel abroad every year and encounter no difficulties. However, U. S. embassies and consulates assist nearly 200,000 Americans each year who are victims of crime, accident, or illness, or whose family and friends need to contact them in an emergency. When an emergency happens, or if natural disaster, terrorism, or civil unrest strikes during your foreign travel, the nearest U. S. embassy or consulate can be your source of assistance and information. By registering your trip, you help the embassy or consulate locate you when you might need them the most. Registration is voluntary and costs nothing, but it should be a big part of your travel planning and security”

The keywords in the above paragraph are ‘terrorism or civil unrest strikes during your foreign travel’ Things are happening. You can read the Current Travel Warnings & the State Department's Public Announcements and get a summary of what is really happening in the world today. “The State Department issues Public Announcements about terrorist threats and other conditions that pose significant risks to Americans. Travel Warnings are issued when the State Department recommends that Americans avoid a certain country” In most cases Americans are given free will, however after reading some of the Warnings in detail, you more then likely will agree with the State Department.

For the sake of research so that you have a better understanding, listen to the world news or the local news. Then click on Public Announcement or Current Travel Warnings on the http://www.travel360degrees.com Home Page and compare the Travel Announcements or Warnings with news that WAS NOT mentioned in the e-media. Our government has a responsibility to tell us as much as they can about a foreign country before we depart the US. And they do an excellent job with the Travel Warnings.

Travel is a multi-bullion dollar industry, no country wants to end up on the “US Current Travel Warning’s Page” so I image that a great effort is made to maintain a positive relationship with countries that end up on “the sheet” So read between the lines. http://travel. state. gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw_1764.html

Educate yourself before you purchase your ticket and check back often before your departure. Things change, as you can see by the list of Countries listed in the Travel Warnings. To protect yourself, purchase Travel Insurance that has a civil unrest and or a terrorism clause in it. And of course get a quote from the travel360degrees.com site for your Business Class and International Flights.

Cassandra Ingraham is the webmaster for travel360degrees.com . Sign up today for free e-Travel Alerts, Travel Security Tips and International Airfare Consolidator quotes.


Article Source:

Rate this Article: 
Get Uncle Sam To Pay $36,000 For Your Child's Education!
Rated 4 / 5
based on 5 votes

Related Articles:

Uncle Sam to Take Virtual Bite?

by: Aaron Crow (June 17, 2007) 
(Home Based Business)

Uncle Sam Can Pay Your Way Through College

by: Jim Mackey (January 11, 2008) 

Uncle Sam's Snake Oild

by: James Burns (February 24, 2005) 
(Finance/Wealth Building)

A Fat Loss Tip From Uncle Sam!

by: Doron Barber (July 17, 2008) 
(Health and Fitness/Weight Loss)

Investing - Don't Let Uncle Sam Take 80% Of Your IRA

by: Jeffery Voudrie (April 17, 2007) 

What Makes A Good Leader? Ask Uncle Sam

by: Tim Knox (August 01, 2005) 
(Self Improvement/Leadership)

Are Uncle Sam's Creditors Heading For the Exits?

by: Andrew G Hughes (January 12, 2009) 

Owing Taxes When You're In The Military - Uncle Sam Does Take Care Of You

by: Richard Close (February 15, 2008) 

On This Day - September 7th - The Birth of Uncle Sam

by: Jules Bitzel (September 06, 2008) 
(Reference and Education)

Get Uncle Sam To Pay $36,000 For Your Child's Education!

by: Brian Gray (August 10, 2005)