In beautiful Branson, Missouri, there are plenty of things to see and do. Even better, there are plenty of FREE things to do in Branson that are fun and interesting for the whole family Branson’s great variety of outdoor fun, unique attractions and interesting history make it the perfect place to discover a great vacation! The FREE activities in Branson make it an even better place to visit, no matter what time of year it is!
The rolling Ozark Mountains make Branson a beautiful, scenic outdoor wonderland Therefore, there are several ways to have fun in Branson that involve the great outdoors Branson’s three gorgeous lakes provide great opportunities for recreation, both exciting and leisurely
- Table Rock Lake Dam: This massive engineering structure was completed in 1958 and created Table Rock Lake. Crowds gather to watch the powerful structure hold back the waters of the White River.
- Table Rock Lake: The waters of this outdoor wonderland have become a haven for visitors nationwide Take advantage of water activities such as boating, fishing, water-skiing, swimming, scuba diving, hiking and camping
- Shepherd of the Hills Fish Hatchery: One of Branson’s most popular tourist sites, the fish hatchery is located below Table Rock Dam The center has several beautiful aquariums showcasing Missouri’s native fish Families love to walk through the fish hatchery and learn more about the world around them Self-guided and conducted tours are available.
- Moonshine Beach: Moonshine Beach is a great place to relax with the family. The sandy beach located on Table Rock Lake allows families to swim, sun and enjoy beautiful views.
- Table Rock State Park: Located on the shores of Table Rock Lake, the park is ideal water activities and is outfitted with a marina, boat rentals, campsites and picnic areas.
- Lake Taneycomo: This downtown Branson lake is a fishing enthusiasts dream! Other activities in and around this like include boating, hiking, scuba diving, and picnicking
Other FREE outdoor activities in Branson Missouri include incredible scenic views, hiking, camping and wonderful exploration opportunities.
- Henning State Forest: This 1,534 acre-park offers spectacular views, nature trails and nature studies There is a naturalist on hand to answer questions and a beautiful scenic lookout area that provides an incredible view of the countryside
- Lakeside Wilderness Area: Lakeside provides a great trail that leads to the shores of Lake Taneycomo. A surprising remote area that reveals the gem that is Branson’s beautiful outdoors
There are more free things to do in Branson Mo too!
- Stone Hill Winery: Experience a sparkling tour of wine making on this free tour, which ends with some fine wine tasting Kids receive grape juice.
- College of the Ozarks: This picturesque campus is complete with lovely landscaping, fountains and walking paths Visitors will also want to experience the Keeter Center Restaurant, the free tours at Edwards Mill and the Ralph Foster Museum, which houses the area’s best collection of Ozarks history. (Slight fee for museum admission. )
- Shopping in Branson
: Branson is a great place to shop and it doesn’t cost a thing to look! Explore the many outlet malls and the new addition to the Branson scene, Branson Landing.
- Branson Landing: The Landing has a beautiful boardwalk visitors can stroll while enjoying scenic views and the Lake Taneycomo
- Historic Downtown Branson: A small-town, charming glimpse into historic Branson This popular area is filled with shops, restaurants and quaint stores filled with treasures
- Free Sunday Shows in Branson: Several Branson theaters open their doors Sunday morning for gospel singing and praising
Author's Note: Due to the constraints of EzineArticles.com, we are limited in the number of outboud links we can provide on this website. To see this article with website links to the above-referenced destinations, please visit this article on the ReserveBranson.com News & Info Weblog