Vintage engagement rings offer the bride a perfect way to show her style and fashion. The vintage style is a classic look that will stay in fashion throughout the years, and many of the vintage engagement rings have deep history and legacy that they share. It is fun to own a true vintage ring, but choosing a vintage engagement ring can be quite the task. This article is going to cover the five things you need to know before making that big purchase:
1. Be sure that the ring is authentic. There are some fake pieces out there that look very real, so be careful not to purchase a fake. You can verify the ring's authenticity by having it appraised, or asking the seller to provide you with the proper paperwork from a jeweler.
2. Look at the prongs and the ring setting, be sure that it is strong. Many vintage rings are delicate because they are so old, they must be treated with care. It is especially important to make sure that the prongs are strong so that you do not lose the gemstone.
3. Have a jeweler inspect the gemstones in the ring. When a jeweler inspected the gemstones under high magnification, they can tell you if there are cracks or weak points in the gem.
4. Understand that a vintage engagement ring can not be compared exactly to a modern ring. Many people to to compare the cuts of the stones and quality of the metal, but there are more modern technologies that are different today. The cuts of a vintage diamond will not be as precise as a modern cut diamond, but the gemstones still hold value because of the history and rarity of the stones. Small flaws in the gemstones may cause the gem to be slightly devalued, but that is usually counteracted by the age and overall value of the ring.
5. When you purchase your vintage engagement ring, take it to a professional jeweler to be cleaned. Many vintage rings may have years of dirt and grime that has accumulated in the crevices, and a professional will be able to clean it up nicely.
The most important aspect of purchasing a vintage engagement ring is that you find the perfect ring for you- match the design and style to your own personality and taste. There are many vintage ring options out there, take your time to find your perfect ring. Visit our website for more information about vintage engagement rings: http://www.qualityvintageengagementrings.com .