It is called hair weaves because it is natural or artificial hair that the client purchases from the salon and then it is woven into their own natural hair very close to the scalp. The hair weaves can be any texture, color, or length that you want. It does require a little time and money to get this treatment. Choosing human hair weaves are the more expensive ones and can cost hundreds of dollars just for the hair. You can use styling products on natural hair weaves but if it is synthetic hair you should not use these products on them. You should also not leave them on longer than recommended or you can damage your hair.
• It can cover the natural hair entirely and is like you have a wig attached to your hair
• It can be used to accentuate your own natural hair such as those that have straight hair can use a weave to give them wavy hair
• It can be applied to add volume and inches to one’s own natural hair
Styles of hair weaves
• Sewn-in weaves with this style the weave is sewn onto cornrow braids directly. These hair weaves can only be put on the top of your head. If you do not take proper care of it your natural hair can be damaged by the weave. With this particular type of weave may have dry scalp. To help with any itching from the dry scalp you can do a treatment using oil that is sparingly applied to your scalp. This style lasts up to two months.
• Bond this is the most common hair weave style used. With this style hair weaves are glued to your natural hair to add volume and length. The biggest drawback is that this style must be maintained carefully because the weave can be damaged, especially if you shampoo your hair too often. It is also the style that lasts the shortest time, which is up to six weeks.
• Interlocking with this style it will give your hair a more natural look and does not use braids or glue. There will be no bumps or lumps in your natural hair to give away that your hairstyle is not all natural. Hair weaves are sewn into your hair by using cornrow braiding. With careful maintenance this style can last as long as three months.
• Net this style is combined with netting after your hair has been braided into a cornrow base. It is attached to the natural hair with a single braid and then the netting is attached. This is the best style if you have thinning hair. It can also last as long as three months.
This article is penned by Lora Davis for Hair extensions by Mr. Waatani. Hair extensions by Mr. Waatani are ideal if you want to look good, feel good and have a “top model” appearance. If you are looking for hair weaves that look natural or would like personal attention at a hair weaves and extensions salon in San Diego the that what we offer.