A kurta is a long loose shirt that reaches the claves or knees with full, half or three-fourth sleeves. This is one ethnic wear for men that you can never go wrong with. Kurta-Pajama for men is like salwar kameez for women. Women have to go through extra pain to choose the right fitting, perfect type of salwars since there are innumerable choices for them, men do not have this problem as there are only a few types of Kurtas to choose from and all of them look great. Kurtas can be worn for traditional occasions such as marriage, to temples or at a puja or religious festival.
A kurta looks great on every physique, but the trick lies in choosing a kurta that complements your body structure. Here a few things that you should consider while buying a kurta:
- * Men with a tall, hefty build can opt for high neck kurtas with beads, sequins and other embellishments to give themselves a regal look.
- * Tall men can wear vibrant as well as pastel colors, and pull it off efficiently too.
- * For shorter men, a good choice would be to go for light colored, plain kurtas with fewer embellishments.
- * A kurta with a high neck looks great on short lean men. Whereas heavily built men should wear a kurta with V neck and with vertical stripes. Avoid heavy work on the kurta at all cost; you don’t want to come across as tacky.
- * As a rule, shorter men should go for long length kurtas. A shorter kurta makes the body looks stout and rather bulky, giving you an unwanted volume. Tall men can wear calf length kurtas too.
- * Also, shorter men should avoid huge sized patters on their Kurtas. Printed kurtas look great on all men; it’s just the length that should be taken care of.
- * Choose colors other than usual black, white and maroon. Try turquoise, dull rose, mud brown, olive and navy blue kurtas for a more colorful look.
- * For marriages and other such grand scale functions, beige or creamy golden kurtas are ideal pick. Satin kurtas with colors that are not too loud also add glamour to a person.
- * To have a smarter look and feel while wearing full sleeve kurtas, fold the sleeves till the elbows. These give off an easy going smooth aura and are very appealing.
Besides body types, there are a few other factors that should be kept in mind while selecting a kurta. One of them includes the weather. For summers, open neck kurtas with shorter sleeves are preferred. For colder seasons, kurtas make of handspun fabric, wool or khadi are the best.
What started as a comfort wear has become a style statement. Kurtas have become a very important component of a man’s wardrobe. Its flexibility especially has a major contribution in doing so. It can be teamed up with salwars or churidars and even jeans for a casual look. A very comfortable garment with a very trendy look.