Many parents dread the time of year; when they have to haul their kids off to the local retail center, in hopes that they will have a stress free shopping experience during the back to school season. However, it doesn't always go as smoothly as we may hope as parents. Quite the contrary, it would seem that the back to school days could rival even the darkest of Black Fridays when it comes to fighting it out in the back pack aisle of your mass market retail store. However, many parents are choosing to play it safe these last couple of years; and take their shopping online. This of course while being a wonderful way to manage not only the stress level of the season, but has the means of saving you a little cash in the mean time. Despite all of that no matter where or when you purchase them, there are a few basic rules that any parent should follow to help you get the most for your money.
* Stick to the classics on the bigger pieces IE: pants, skirts etc. That will allow you and your child to mix and match them to create many different outfits. This of course is one of the biggest tip I can give you, as creating a plethora of outfits out of one staple item such as a pant or a shirt is amazing ammunition against bank breaking cost.
* Purchase things in primary colors or uni-sex outfits. This will permit you to hand them down to your younger child, which will in the long run save you some extra cash down the line. Things that lend themselves well to this, are things such as the universal band logo tee's and jeans.
* Allow your children to have a choice in color, as some outfits may be ignored completely by your child if they do not get input. This is especially so for children around the age of five and six, when they begin to want to express themselves. This will insure that your child will want to wear their clothing, so nothing is sitting dormant and un-used.
* Purchasing socks that are all the same color. Not only will this cause less aggravation when the machine monster magically “eats them", but allows you to match up new pairs when a couple of them come up missing.
* Purchase socks or under garments in colors other than white, which will allow you to save some cash on bleach. This will also save you time, and effort during the laundering process.
* Purchase solid colored clothing such as a solid black top, which will allow your child to layer their clothing. This will enable your child to keep in fashion, as well as continue to wear that band tee throughout the winter; with a long sleeve top under it.
* When you are purchasing knitted items such as a sweater for your child. You should look for quality and durability. This fabric should be more dense than loose and provide less give when stretched. This will prevent your child from growing out of it, or destroying it before its time has ended.
Show your baby's style by dressing them up in your favorite band's t-shirts and onesies. Whether it's The Ramones, Led Zeppelin or 311, there are punk rock baby clothes as well as baby booties, toddler shirts, maternity t-shirts and diaper bags available. Other kids clothing and gift items include: Toddler skate shoes, slogan baby clothes, rompers, baby bibs, beanies and new school clothes .