For those of you who are like me, and don't have a ridiculous budget to blow on all the latest fashion trends, there is a lovely thing available to you called fashion accessories. Like fashion jewelry, fashion accessories are products that keep within the bounds of the latest celebrity trends, but don't break the bank. These celebrity accessory look-alikes, are not likely to be made with diamonds, but you can find high-quality pieces that look great and are under $50. Here is a list of the top five items for 2008. . .
1. Necklaces - Well of course every good ensemble needs a great necklace. But the question is, what kind of necklace? The top necklaces trends of 2008 include anything from long pendants with sparkling charms, lariat necklaces, layered necklaces of different lengths, and of course, simple sterling silver pendants.
2. Bracelets - I simply cannot say enough about cuff bracelets, which were a huge hit for the divas strutting down the carpet at the 2008 Grammy Awards. Fashion cuff bracelets are perfect if you don't have half a million dollars to drop on a diamond-coated cuff like Beyonce. Again, the layered look is all the rage, with celebs mixing thick and thin bangles of all colors and mediums. Also, charm bracelets are still climbing the trend ladder, as personalized jewelry is always a hit.
3. Rings - The bigger the better seems to be the jewelry motto for the last couple of years, and the same goes for 2008. Again, big, shiny, colorful cocktail rings are on still on the upswing. While layering can also be applied to your digits. Celebs have been seen mixing different sized bands to create a classy collage on their fingers. Pick up a simple, thin, silver band and throw it together with a thicker silver band with a massive gem for good measure.
4. Earrings - Whether they are large and lustrous, or sparkly studs, earrings are a must at all times! Colorful enamel hoops mixed with gold are a great and easy match with a colorful outfit, while stud earrings are the perfect smaller-size accessory if you are wearing a large necklace. Either way, you don't want to pass on the earrings. Your ears will feel naked without them!
5. Headbands - Last, but certainly not least, we have the suddenly famous headband. I can't go to one store without seeing racks upon glorious racks of these hair-taming wonders. Buy them thick or thin, metallic or polka-dotted, headbands are the perfect final touch to your outfit. And ladies, don't be sad if your tresses simply won't conform to this device, a chic hat is always in style and provides a perfect replacement.
Alexandra is the Head of Marketing and Sales for Mademoiselle Jewelry - a company that was founded on the principal that jewelry is art. Mademoiselle Jewelry specializes in unique jewelry , sterling silver jewelry , and designer jewelry. Each piece of jewelry is hand selected for quality, uniqueness, and creativity. Mademoiselle Jewelry also carries jewelry lines specifically designed for men and children.