Welcome spring by shedding your tall boots and parka in favor of lighter, brighter fashions, and beauty products with sheer and shimmer. After all, spring is the prelude to the easy breezy days of summer, and what better way to get into the mood than by re-stocking your closet with lightweight and colorful essentials.
From colored contact lenses to ballet flats, this spring it's all about fun. Have a look at these ten top trends for spring:
- Ballet flats in metallics, bright colors, and stripes. Canvas, leather, or cutouts—it doesn’t matter. Try them with no heel, small wedge, or low princess heel.
- Classic lightweight trench coat in khaki, white, or black. Choose between double-breasted or menswear balmacaan in car length or knee-length.
- Pendant necklaces. A simple chain with a modern, Celtic or glitzy-inspired disc.
- Oversize aviator sunglasses. Get the celeb look in shades with red or tortoise shell frames.
- Black and white sundresses. You can’t go wrong with this great summer staple in a graphic pattern.
- Sporty watches with bright wristbands.
- Two hot makeup looks: sheer makeup to accentuate glowing skin, rosy cheeks, and lips with just a hint of color, or glam shimmery eyshadows with tinted lip gloss.
- Baby blue color contacts. Turn brown eyes blue à la celebrity Paris Hilton with disposable colored contact lenses, available even in non-vision correcting prescriptions (also known as Plano).
- Looser pants with cargo pockets and drawstrings. Put your skinny jeans away!
- Square or unstructured short jackets. Go with sophisticated tailoring or feminine details like frilled cuffs.
Leanne Tremblay is a successful freelance writer and publisher of several web sites. She has written numerous articles on fashion and beauty tips, and publishes a web site dedicated to colored contact lenses such as baby blue color contacts from brand names like Acuvue colored contacts and FreshLook Colorblends. Leanne also writes articles on a wide variety of topics, including internet phone services and outdoor living. She can be contacted at email@example.com to discuss free articles for your own web sites.