Well I have bought this neat device and have been buying ebooks and have had great success with the ease at finding books there. When I got the Kindle I wanted to find any kind of modification, tips, or tricks for this device. After searching I found some things that I wanted to share with everyone.
1. It can be used as an MP3 player as it as a headphone jack and speakers. If you go to the site as i listed above it has MP3's that can be downloaded to the kindle. The only thing is that you need to buy the software which is required for you to connect and purchase from their website.
2. A number of people have complained that it's impossible to close the flap of the Kindle's cover without pressing one of the navigation buttons. An easy solution: simply put Kindle to sleep before closing the cover. To do this, simply press Alt the text key (aA) as though you were waking it from sleep. Putting Kindle into sleep mode also conserves battery life.
3. If you want to know the time while you're reading, pressing Alt T will briefly display it for you in the bottom left footer, where “Location" is usually displayed. Note that this features works only in the Reader.
4. Dropping your MP3 based podcasts into the (Audible) folder on your Kindle or SD memory card will allow you to see the podcast in Home. When opened, you can bookmark, pause, fast forward, etc. , just like you do with an audiobook.
5. From the general Search box. Just start your search with the term below followed by your search term: @store - searches the Kindle Store, @web - searches the web, @wiki - searches Wikipedia, @help - lists these shortcuts above.
6. If you sort your Home screen by title or author, you can type a letter to jump to the first item that begins with that letter.
7 Getting to your home screen is very easy and can be accomplished by pressing the Home key on the bottom row of the keyboard.
If you are even contemplating on buying this piece of software I think its a must have. can anyone say lets go GREEN, no more paper being wasted :)
KindleShops.com is a site that is designed to providing ebooks for download right to your kindle as well as any other electronic book reader. We will be offering Kindle supp0rt for any questions, problems, or if you just need help. Come check us out at http://www.KindleShops.com