Shopping for gifts online rather than in the mall has a number of obvious benefits – you can do it from the comfort of your armchair, you don’t have to drive to the shops and pay for parking, and you don’t need to tire yourself out trudging through the crowds – but there are many other reasons to buy over the internet. We have listed nine here.
1. It's not cheap to buy books in a bookstore in Australia, so it's good to benefit from the discounts available by buying books online. From some online booksellers you can get books for literally half price. Alternatively, a magazine subscription can make a gift that's a little bit different
2. We don't always have time to nip down to the music store, so buying from CD or DVD stores online can save a lot of time and effort, as well as money. A DVD or CD can be a great gift for all age groups
3. The best part about buying adult gifts online is that it is both discreet and secure. No one needs to know where you have been surfing or what you've been spending your money on. And another plus is that you avoid customs duty and restrictions
4. Men just love gadgets - it's the way of the world. It might be a stereotype, but electronic gifts are the ideal gift for ‘him’. You can save huge amounts by buying electronics gifts online, and most can be delivered to your door
5. Why not try something a bit different and treat that special person to an ‘experience’. Whether it's horse riding, a pampering treat, racecar driving or paintballing, they make a great gift for other people, or even yourself. You can buy a voucher online that the recipient can then redeem it themselves
6. Flowers are the classic gift that says it all. Perfect for Valentines Day or Mother's Day, or just to say thank you. Buying from an online florist is so much more convenient and almost always much cheaper than going to the florist yourself
7. A food and wine hamper is a gift that suits a number of different occasions, and with same day delivery to most towns and cities in Australia, all the hard work is done for you
8. Health and beauty products are no longer just reserved for women. Men are getting more and more into skin care and grooming. So buy perfume gifts online, for him or her, and avoid customs duty and restrictions
9. Australia loves its sport, and sporting gear and accessories can make the perfect gift for the sporting nut. You can save money by buying from sporting goods stores online.
Andy McKenna owns http://www.ausgift.com , a website providing gift ideas, advice and special offer information, as well as reviews of gift websites and the gift products of over 70 merchants. To receive regular gift advice and news of special offers you can subscribe to the ausgift newsletter at http://www.ausgift.com