Imagine owning outdoor furniture that you don't have to spend your time maintaining. Just set it outdoors and enjoy using it. That is the major advantage of poly outdoor furniture.
Poly Lumber is a high density polyethylene (HDPE) plastic derived from post-consumer waste such as milk jugs and plastic packaging that would otherwise end up in a landfill. This material is then cleaned in a decontamination process to a high purity level. This purified recycled plastic is formulated with Ultra-Violet (UV) stabilizers and color pigments, and then formed into various shapes and profiles used to create beautiful and maintenence-free furniture.
So let's list the advantages of poly lumber furniture:
- Environmentally Friendly : Because it is made out of recycled plastic, it helps reduce waste and also saves trees from being cut down. That's great for our planet.
- No Painting, staining or oiling : You can spend those hours you would have spent painting or staining, relaxing on your poly furniture. You got to love that.
- No storage needed : Does your garage or shed get filled up every winter with all that old wood furniture? Poly furniture can be left outdoors all year long. Any climate, weather or temperature.
- No cracking or splinters : Ouch, got a splinter!? Never again! Poly furniture will not splinter or crack. Safety never felt so good.
- No fading : Poly furniture has solid color all the way through and is made with UV stabilizers. The beautiful color it is now, is the color it will stay.
- No Rotting : In the wettest environment, poly furniture will not rot. Great for waterfront properties and your poolside paradise.
- Mold and Mildew Resistant: Because the poly does not absorb moisture, it does not foster the growth of mold or mildew.
- Strong and Heavy : Poly furniture is generally heavier than wood and is very strong. You do not need to worry if it will hold you after all those years.
- Easy to clean : Use a mild detergent and a cloth, wipe it down and spray it off. That's about all the maintenance you should be doing!
If you are looking to save the environment or just save some time for rest and relaxation. Poly lumber has some major advantages for you.
Joshua Brown is the webmaster at Millcraft Outdoor Furniture (http://www.millcraftfurniture.com/ ). Millcraft Outdoor Furniture is a manufacturer of poly outdoor furniture located in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.