Spring may be the season of love but summer is wedding season. More weddings are held in June than any other month of the year. The weather is great and the sun is always shining – all perfect ingredients for a perfect wedding. In other words, there is a good possibility that you will be invited to a wedding this summer.
The problem with weddings, I’ve always found, is I never know what to buy as a gift. No one wants to be that person who gave them their fifth gravy bowl or second breadmaker. You also don’t want to make it so impersonal of a gift that everyone will be talking about for months afterwards. It’s tough.
Knowing the couple that is getting married personally and honoring their family traditions is important. For example, some families might prefer to receive gifts of money placed in an envelope, in lieu of that breadmaker. Here are some of the more popular wedding gifts being given out this season:
- Money – Everyone loves money and more importantly everyone needs money, especially the new bride and groom. They have a new life to start together and every little extra bit helps. Though, it may seem impersonal or uncreative, money is the number one recommended wedding gift. Most young couples are saving for something big – a house, a car, a piece of furniture, or are still paying back their student loans. It can also help to pay for an extra-special honeymoon or let them order that extra photo for their album. If you want to give a personal wedding gift, give it a little extra touch to show you put forth the effort. Attach a check to a beautiful picture frame, a kitchen gadget, or a long letter detailing your best wishes.
- Personalized Gift Items – Add a touch of personalization to your gift and make it truly unforgettable. Items like photo pillows and quilts allow you to select the photo of your choice and add a picture or pictures of the happy couple. Anther unique gift is a spin on the wedding guestbook. Have the guests sign at the event with a special marker on a special plate. The ceramic marker “fires" in your home oven creating a platter of signatures of your family and friends. They’ll always cherish these memorable gifts as expressions of their love together.
- An expensive item off of their registry – Often times the expensive items on a wedding registry are the dream wedding gifts that they know they won’t be getting. It’s nice to dream, at least. If you're not wealthy enough to buy such a wedding gift on your own, try organizing a few of the other guests to all chip in with the gift. You'll be making a big dream come true.
- A luxurious hotel room for their first night as a married couple – A nice yet unique gift is paying for a night at a five-star hotel. They can start their marriage off right by giving them a night to remember even before they start their honeymoon. Be sure to check with the bride's mother or the maid-of-honor that other reservations have not already been made. Give your gift early so that they can include it in their plans beforehand.
- A wedding gift to stand the test of time – Give them something like with instructions to open on their tenth anniversary such as a bottle of wine. A vase or piece of art will also work. You want something that they can look back on years from now and think to themselves “Our friend Mary gave us that for our wedding. " Some other ideas include framing the couple's wedding invitation, a handmade quilt or tablecloth, or an antique piece of furniture.
- Make their honeymoon extra sweet - If you've ever been to the place where the couple is honeymooning, use that knowledge to get them a gift certificate for your favorite restaurant or resort activity. You could also upgrade their plane tickets to first class, give them a camera to help them take great pictures, or give them some spending money tucked inside a guidebook of the area.
If you are ever in doubt or have any questions about finding a gift, ask someone close to the bride and groom who will know like the bridesmaid, the bride's mother, or the wedding planner for example.
The Fruit Company offers handpicked and pre-sorted fruit harvested right from the orchards, reserving only the largest, freshest, and unblemished fruit for your gifts. The Fruit Company offers a selection of products consists of Fruit Baskets , Fresh Fruit , Gift Boxes, Premium Fruit Gifts, Cheesecake, and our Monthly Fruit Clubs.
Visit them at www.fruitcompany.com .