Ordering the proper sized lingerie online is easy, and making sure that you order the right size is as simple as getting out a standard dressmakers measuring tape and having a friend help you. It is important to be accurate in your measurements, as this will ensure you order appropriately. You need to know your exact size to order lingerie that fits well, does not bind and gives you the fabulous look your want.
Measuring for bras and all-in-one garments
1. Under your bust and shoulder blades, take a snug measurement around your rib cage and then add 5 inches. If the number you come up with is even, that is your Band Size. If you get an odd number such as 45 just add an inch to find your size.
2. Remove your top and leave your bra on. Measure loosely around the fullest part of your bust to get your measurement.
3. To determine the cup size, subtract your band measurement from your bust measurement.
Hosiery sizes go by an individual’s height and weight. For example if you are between 5’4 and 5’8, and weigh between 115 and 140 pounds, you would wear a size medium or if you were between 5’9 and 6’0 and 160 to 180 pounds, a size tall/extra tall. The size charts are online so you can pick the correct size for you. Make sure that you accurately measure both your height and weight to get the correct size. If you are uncertain, only order one item in the size you think will be correct, and then actually try the piece on before ordering more.
To find out what lingerie size you wear, you should always have the following measurements on hand so that you can select your size correctly and have them fit comfortably and look fabulous.
1. Full bust: Measure around the fullest part of your chest and make sure the tape measure does not sag across the back.
2. Under the bust: Snugly hold the tape measure directly under your bust and if necessary, add one inch to come up with an even number.
3. Waist Size: Measure around the narrowest part of your waist while keeping your waist relaxed.
4. Hip Size: Always measure around the widest part of your hips.
You can now choose your lingerie size and be confident it will fit properly and look wonderful.
Find more lingerie articles at Sheer Lingerie and More.com on such subjects as wedding night lingerie and buying plus bras .