Already on ArticleSlash?

Forgot your password? Sign Up

Time Management Ideas - Planning Your Route To Effective Time Management

Shafir Ahmad
 


Visitors: 277

One of the more important tasks in time management is planning. Without a good plan, we could be working very hard, but on the wrong things.

It has long been said that of all the time we allocate to carrying out work, 80% of our time will be spent achieving just 20% of the final result. This implies therefore that the remaining 80% of the work is completed in 20% of the time. As anyone who has briefly investigated the idea of time management for students will testify, the day before an assignment is due to be submitted is often that final 20% of the time that had been available, if indeed, it is that much time that has been left.

We are all prone to a lack of efficiency from time to time, and indeed, all of us could benefit from a little extra efficiency in almost everything we do.

Most people's energy levels are at the highest in the morning, peaking just before noon, after which we begin to wind down. Imagine focusing your energy and time on the peak periods of the day; how much more efficient we would be, and how much more we could achieve.

Here are some ideas on how to plan to improve your efficiency.

Make a list of your goals and your organizations goals on a piece of paper. To be effective, organize these goals into a list by their priority.

Plan out how to achieve the items on your goals list. When you made the list above, you will know which of the high priority items that need to be tackled first.

And then take action on getting these tasks done. Think about the priorities you already have before taking on any new tasks, and if you do take them on, consider how they fir into your goals.

And now, I'd like to invite you to get free instant access to a 7-Part eCourse on Secrets To Better Time Management at http://www.PlanYourTimeNow.com where you can discover more ways to use time effectively.

Shafir Ahmad of http://www.ShafirAhmad.com is the author of “The Experts Guide to Managing Your Time".

(377)

Article Source:


 
Rate this Article: 
 
Six Simple Time Management Tips - Busting the Time Management Myth
Rated 4 / 5
based on 5 votes
ArticleSlash

Related Articles:

Time Management Strategy- How Knowing Your Most Effective Time Can Save You ..

by: Cheryl Clausen (July 01, 2007) 
(Self Improvement)

Time Management Tip- Strategic Planning Can be Your Best Time Management Tip

by: Cheryl Clausen (July 01, 2007) 
(Self Improvement)

Time Management Effective Time Management Strategies

by: Luke Blaise (July 28, 2008) 
(Self Improvement/Time Management)

Time Management Techniques - 5 Steps For Power-Planning Big Projects To Fit ..

by: Paula Eder (May 26, 2008) 
(Self Improvement/Time Management)

Time Management Techniques - 3 Tips to Turn Guesstimates into Power Estimates ..

by: Paula Eder (March 22, 2008) 
(Self Improvement/Time Management)

Time Management - An Introduction to the Ultimate Levels of Time Production and .

by: Kevin Hogan (May 30, 2007) 
(Self Improvement)

Deal with Time Wasters for Effective Time Management

by: Shafir Ahmad (May 04, 2007) 
(Self Improvement)

Time Management - How Effective Are You In Catching Time Thieves?

by: Lawrence Ng (April 20, 2008) 
(Self Improvement/Time Management)

Time Management - Time Tracking Software to Track Your Management Of Time

by: Shafir Ahmad (March 24, 2008) 
(Self Improvement/Time Management)

Six Simple Time Management Tips - Busting the Time Management Myth

by: Leon Lioe (November 23, 2008) 
(Self Improvement/Time Management)