You may be broke, but you are not poor. Unless you give up. Because being poor is more than absence of money, riches or success. Being poor is a mentality. And being rich is also a mentality. As a matter of fact, rich people are, because they think they can. If they didn't, they would have killed their dreams a long time ago. As Henry Ford, that great car manufacturer once said, If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can't, you're also right. And as the Bible says, as a man thinks, so is he.
Self Motivation: Motivation gets you out of bed, so that you can work on your success. Without motivation, you just can't be bothered. While it is good to enlist your loved ones to motivate you. No one can motivate you like your self. Here are some self motivation tips:
- Identify your dreams and break them into goals and write them down as to-do list. To-do list is a list tasks you're going to do towards achieving your dream.
- Write down how your life will change if you achieved your goals, and stick this list where you will see it everyday.
- Pray to God to empower you to achieve your goals.
Time Management: Time that is spent cannot be regained again. You cannot go back to being sweet sixteen, no matter how much you try. Maximise your time by:
- Identify and eliminate all activities leaking your energy. You need to focus all your energy on your priorities, if you are going to be successful.
- Identify and eliminate all time wasters in your life. This can be people, bad habits or life issues.
- Scheduling: This is looking at the time available to you, and planning ahead how you will use it to achieve your goals. Planning ahead will also minimise stress procrastination and confusion.
- Action Plan: This is creating list of all the tasks that you need to carry out, in order to remind and motivate yourself. So that you achieve a goal. Action plan is different from a to-do list in that it focuses on the achieving a single goal.
Powerful focus: The one of the main reasons why people don't maximise their potential is lack of focus. Ability to focus on priority needs discipline. Life is full of distractions. There are enough people and issues that want to steal your peace, joy, freedom and your attention. You cannot afford to give these away, because you need all these to energies to become successful. You also need passion. Passion is not to be confused with obsession. Passion is healthy interest that you can take a rest from anytime you like. Obsession is an unhealthy compulsion that you have no control of, and you can't stop. To be a success you need to focus on your passion. Your passion is a clue to your life purpose. Your strengths compliment your life purpose. You also need focus to learn and excel in anything. If focus doesn't come easy to you or you don't have passion for anything. Think back to when you had passion in your life. What did you used to enjoy? Also pray that God help you find your passion again: James 1:5 - “If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. " (NIV)
Embrace Change: If you want something to change in your life, you need to change. Everything starts with you. Success and growth requires some sort of change. Without change there will not be any growth, and this includes financial growth. In other to thrive in life, you have to learn to embrace and manage expected and unexpected changes. Live is ever changing and we can't change that, but we can change the effect of change on our lives, so that it works for our benefit. Make conscious effort to control the flow of change in your life, by seeing it as a new beginning. So that change doesn't hold you captive. So remember, as Henry Ford once said, If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can't, you're also right. And as the Bible says, as a man thinks, so is he.
Henrietta Elegunde is an Author, Life Coach, ordained minister and Motivational Speaker. She specializes in teaching how to cultivate spiritual, mental, physical and emotional growth, in order to achieve total wellbeing (being made whole) in your life. She is the author of the book “Hallowed Be Thy Name". For more information on how to book her for your next event, how her book can transform your life, or how to obtain free reading of part of the book; contact her by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org