In the realm of Health stress is defined as: a physical, mental, or emotional strain or tension: Worry over _ you fill in the blank. Stress is one of the most debilitating and sometimes deadliest conditions you are exposed to in modern times. You can't see it or taste it, but you can sure feel it. It can be like a pit bull when it bites you and hard to let go.
What types of stress are there:
- Acute Stress - is the most common form of stress. It comes from demands and pressures which can be both thrilling and exciting in small doses, but too much is exhausting.
- Episodic Acute Stress - is a condition where a person is in disorder always in a rush but late. Chaos and crisis.
- Chronic Stress -this is the grinding stress that wears people away day after day, year after year. Chronic stress destroys bodies, minds and lives.
The three most common types of stress and now what do we do about it. We know what the medical system has in store for you, drugs. Or if you are really bad then a psychiatrist is in your future.
I like the Japanese method a rubber bat and beat the crap out of each other until you are exhausted. I guess there is not much profit in that.
Even though it's vague lets list some possible signs of stress:
- Back pain
- Constipation or diarrhea
- High blood pressure
- Problems with relationships
- Shortness of breath
- Stiff neck
- Upset stomach
- Weight gain or loss
These signs are worth noting only to show what range stress has when it hits you. We can be under physically stress but many times it starts in your mind and works its way down. So what is a person to do?
I'll share 5 ways I get rid of stress:
- Exercise - we don't want to add more stress, but you can tell when it is productive or harmful
- Hot Bath or Shower - I don't know exactly why but a shower seems to wash away some of the stress
- Turn off TV - out of 100 channels 95 just make you worse. Who needs it when you are already burdened
- Nutrition - I know the tendency is to eat junk, but eating fruits and nuts during stressful times helps balance your b-complex and glucose. Where as sugar and processed junk just adds more stress to your system
- Guided Meditation - these are audios designed to take your thoughts from stress to relaxation or another way to see it is re-direction of thoughts.
You might take note there were no DRUGS mentioned and all 5 methods are harmless and inexpensive to do. There are always cases of chemical imbalance where drugs may have there place, but you know I always believe nature has provided answers if we take the time to look.
Click the link below for a Free 15 min. Guided Meditation for Stress and Relaxation.
One Life - One Body
For more information about better Health visit the Health Hub Guided Meditation Series
To visit our free information resources visit Health Hub for articles and products.