In this article I want to share with you something that is becoming more and more important in this chaotic world we live in.
You can carry around something with you everywhere that can help you to feel more in control of your life and to feel better even under stress.
One method is completely free and the other method is only a small investment in yourself.
I will tell you how to do this soon, yet first I will share some background about why this is so important. This way you will realize the importance and will find yourself more motivated to do this simple trick.
What you allow inside your mind can have even greater impact on your health and success than the foods you eat.
Ideally, you want to eat the foods that are healthy and allow you to feel your best. The same is true for thoughts, suggestions, and images.
Ideally we want to feed our bodies when we are hungry and are able to digest the food. The same is also true for our thoughts, suggestions, beliefs and images.
Just as some people eat breakfast, lunch and diner you will want to adopt this habit with your mind.
As you wake up in the morning and as you are drifting off to sleep at night you will want to use this trick that I am about to share with you.
We are constantly bombarded with stimulus. This can come from sights, sounds, scents, textures and this can become overwhelming.
Especially, during the holiday season we can be manipulated more easily because of the added stress.
One of the best gifts anyone can get for themselves or for others is the gift of better stress management and relaxation.
Just as some junk foods can clog up arteries or at least leave you feeling sluggish or bloated, the same is true junk thoughts.
Junk thoughts, images and suggestions can leave a negative impact on your health, happiness and well being and success.
It is very important to get the right amount of sleep, rest and relaxation as well as the right nutrition.
So when people are stressed, rushed and overwhelmed it is even more important to feel more balanced and centered.
Our thoughts and breathing are the simplest and more powerful ways to manage stress and feel better instantly!
What will it feel like when you learn a simple method of self hypnosis that can help you guide yourself to that place of comfort and safety?
How much will that mini vacation be worth when it helps reduce your stress and lets you feel more in charge of what is going on around you?
1. Sit down and relax your breathing and consider what thoughts, images and suggestions can help you to really feel relaxed and centered.
2. Write down positive suggestions to yourself on an index card or small piece of paper that you can carry around with you.
3. You may also want to carry a picture of a place that makes you feel very calm and serene and peaceful. Write the positive self talk on the paper and read it to yourself silently and really feel the difference.
4. You can take out your card, pictures, etc. several times during the day for a quick mini vacation.
5. You will want to focus on doing this in the morning as you are still in a dreamy, drowsy state that is similar to hypnosis. The suggestions and images will slide right in more smoothly.
6. Also, at night as you are starting to drift into sleep you can look at your peaceful, calming pictures and read the positive suggestions to yourself softly just as you are drifting off to a wonderful and pleasant sleep. . .
Important Note :
Word your suggestions on a positive way so that your subconscious mind will understand them and act on them.
Instead of writing “I do not want to eat so much. " Write : “I am doing my best to eat healthy foods and think healthy thoughts. "
Instead of writing “I hate how stress makes me feel bad. " Write : “I am breathing and relaxing and feeding my mind peaceful and calming images, thoughts and beliefs and I am enjoying the benefits. "
Another tip is to get hypnosis recordings that have calming music and positive suggestions and will help you create new healthy habits about what you are feeding your mind.
You can find a lot more helpful tips at nyc prime hypnosis and
by now you can use these simple tips that can help you manage stress and feel better instantly!
Michael Twomey is a Success Coach, Counselor and Professional Hypnotist in NYC. He has helped many people to change their habits, beliefs and improve their lives. He lives with his beautiful, loving and talented wife, Maggie in Brooklyn.