Here are some ways you can fast for a financial breakthrough in your life:
* Consider the different types of fasts. Think about which type of fast you would like to undertake, such as: giving up one or two meals a day (and praying during those times), giving up meat, giving up all desserts and snacks, consuming only juice, or abstaining from something other than food (such as television). Then think about how long you'd like to fast. Make sure you check with your doctor before fasting for any sustained length of time so you don't endanger your health.
* Make sure your requests are in line with God's will. Ask only for money that God wants you to have. Understand that sometimes it's a greater blessing to receive wisdom that you can apply to your financial decisions than to suddenly receive a large sum of money. Know that a transformed attitude about money will glorify God more than just winning the lottery. Be open to God's best for you without trying to manipulate Him.
* Reflect on biblical principles while you fast. Study the Scriptures to understand what God has promised about how He will provide for His children.
* Believe that God will answer you. Know that God looks for faith among people who ask Him to move in their lives. Realize that if you have even just a little bit of faith, God can use it accomplish a huge task.
* Fast and pray with other believers. Ask others to pray with you. Know that there is more power in the prayers of two or more believers who agree about their prayers than simply in one believer praying alone.
* Continue fasting and praying until you receive an answer. Realize that your answer may take time to come. Trust in God's timing and ask Him to help you be patient as you wait. Be persistent, knowing that God is pleased when you stay in regular communication with Him.
* Ask God to remove barriers of sin in your life. Use your fasting time to reexamine your relationship with God. Ask God to reveal any hidden sin in your life that is obstructing your relationship with Him. Then when He does, confess it and ask for His forgiveness so He will begin in hear and answer your prayers.
* Ask God to use your fasting to increase your faith. As you fast, ask God to grow a bigger faith in you that you can apply to all situations in your life (money-related, or not).
* Learn biblical stewardship as you fast. As you control your physical appetite while fasting, ask God to give you discipline to help you control other aspects of your life, as well. Pray specifically for wisdom as it relates to your money problems. Ask God to help you understand why you're in financial trouble and what, if any, unhealthy habits you need to overcome.
* Keep a journal during your fast. As you fast about your money problems, write down what you're learning about money management. Refer to your journal later to help you make needed changes in how you handle your finances.
* Acknowledge that all your money comes from God. Take the time to thank God for what He has provided for you or enabled you to earn.
* Distinguish between needs and desires. Ask God to teach you the difference between what you need and what you want. Ask God to clarify whether your lack of money is due to poor financial management or His call to a vocation that doesn't pay well. Pray for the strength you need to avoid greed and embrace contentment.
* Prioritize your expenditures. During your fast, ask God to guide you as you rank your budget expenses from highest to lowest. Use your rankings as a guide for deciding how to spend in the future.
* Fast and pray for the strength to avoid temptation. Be aware that Satan will try to tempt you financially in many different ways, such as by drawing you into materialism or distracting you so you direct your resources away from where God wants you to invest them. Ask God to give you the strength you need to always follow where He leads as you manage your money.