Are you overdue for an attitude adjustment?
You take good care of your body, such as eating right and exercising. But did you know it’s every bit as vital to take good care of your mind as well?
Attitude counts. What happens to us in life matters far less than our attitude about those happenings.
Question: Every dark cloud has a silver lining – true or false? Answer: 100% True!
Many times in life, things that initially appear to be bad actually turn out to be good. For example:
- A serious illness may lead us to reexamine our priorities in life.
- Adversity may bring out a hidden talent that we never even knew was there.
- Failing to achieve a major goal may lead us into a fulfilling new direction.
When things are going badly, it may seem impossible to believe that anything good can come from it. Staying positive during tough times will help you see that all events work for your highest good.
So how do you put this silver lining concept into practice? When disappointing or painful events happen, follow these four simple steps:
- Stay positive. Remind yourself to keep a positive attitude. Expect that things will work out to your advantage. Cultivate the attitude that whatever happens will be for your benefit.
- Let go. Don’t hold on to the negative situation. Be willing to move forward and allow the positive outcome to manifest.
- Be observant. Watch what happens and notice if something good comes out of the negative event.
- Be patient. The positive outcome is not always obvious or immediate.
Make it a habit to practice looking for the good in seemingly bad events. You’ll be amazed how often something you thought was bad actually turns out to be good.
Just keep reminding yourself that you don’t know how a certain situation will turn out in the end. It may turn out to be the best thing that ever happened to you!
Key points to remember:
- Something good always comes from every bad situation
- Stay positive in every circumstance and watch your life change for the better.
You know, your mother was right…every dark cloud really does have a silver lining!
Karen Wheeler Hall is the author of Illumination – Inspiring Stories about Finding the Silver Lining, available from http://www.KarenWheelerHall.com/ , on-line bookstores, and through major bookstores nationwide. Download your copy of Karen's FREE eBook Positively Incredible! by visiting http://www.KarenWheelerHall.com/ .
Feel free to reprint this article in its entirety in your ezine or website, provided you include the resource box and the active link to my website. Please notify me when it is used.