Do you live today like it is the most important day of your life? Do you do things that really matter on a daily basis? What did you tell someone today that will be remembered about you for the rest of their life if tomorrow never comes? What was the last thing you told yourself before falling asleep - you are important, something uplifting and encouraging?
Words and actions create your life story in the eyes of others. Words and thoughts create your life when they are in your mind. And, they either improve your physical, emotional and spiritual wellbeing or contribute to your downfall.
In the world of Feng Shui things in your surroundings matter because they either provide you positive uplifting encouraging energy or negative depressing discouraging energy. Things in your surroundings are easier to deal with than thoughts in your mind and words because you can see things; the more positive energy things you surround yourself with, the better your prosperity, abundance and wellbeing become. The same applies to the way your live your life - do you make every day count - are your thoughts always uplifting and encouraging - do you tell yourself everyday you are great - even when things aren't going so well? Or do you tell yourself you are a loser - confirming to yourself that you are not worthy of having a full well rounded abundant life?
Improve Your Wellbeing with Positive Energy
Since Feng Shui is all about the use of positive energy in your personal environment and helps you create a less stress filled calmer more abundant life, its principles are the perfect way to improve your overall wellbeing. Start with your surroundings to create that improved wellbeing. Then move on to your words and thoughts.
1. Make sure fresh new positive energy can enter your home through your front entrance by using cheerful colors in plantings around your front door or on a wreath - remove decaying plants and prune old plantings - keeps windows clean - positive new energy will enter
2. Eliminate all clutter in your bedroom and under your bed as well as electronic equipment - you will sleep more soundly and wakeup feeling refreshed
3. Eliminate all clutter and clothing in your closets so you always look and feel great in whatever you wear - you will let go of the old and make room for the new - sometimes even let go of the weight you've been wanting to lose
4. Remove clutter from the kitchen so your body can be nourished and healthy - keep the refrigerator full, it is a symbol of prosperity
5. Keep a bowl of fresh or attractive faux fruit on the kitchen counter or table to encourage abundance
6. Unclutter your office and whether your workplace is at home or in another building - you will eliminate stress and increase productivity
7. Listen to peaceful calming music at the end of the day instead of watching the late night news or the latest thriller - it will nourish your heart and soul plus help you will sleep better
8. Unclutter your negative thoughts about yourself and replace them with uplifting words of encouragement, success and abundance - if this seems difficult at first use a list of positive words or create a mantra such as “I realize I'm in the process of creating a better life, more income, better health (you fill in the words) now. "
9. When negative thoughts do try to return, thank them but firmly tell them they have served their purpose and are now upgraded to positive thoughts only - return to your mantra and your list of positive words to replace anything negative
10. Place a candle in a safe container in the middle of your home in a place of honor - if you don't have such a place, create one - light it daily if possible to remind you that your surroundings and your thoughts now align themselves with your goal of improved wellbeing.
Because Feng Shui is about the use of positive energy, the same energy Einstein recorded in his famous formula E = mc², it is a perfect yet simple approach to improved wellbeing while also improving many other areas of your life.
First, eliminate the clutter in your surroundings and your thinking. Then surround yourself with positive energy things and thoughts and you're well on your way to improving your wellbeing.
Remember, what you focus on is what you become - what you have focused on in the past is what you have. What you focus on from this moment forward is what you will create.
© Pat Heydlauff, all rights reserved 2008
Pat Heydlauff, President of Energy-by-Design (http://www.energy-by-design.com ) and Feng Shui expert, is a consultant, speaker, columnist and award-winning artist. She has been consulting with individuals, families, and companies since the early 1990's, with clients ranging from California to Florida. In addition, she speaks at corporate and organizational functions, and gives seminars to enhance productivity. Pat Heydlauff can be reached at email@example.com